Cake Mix Cookies

Reaction score
I just saw a thing for cake mix cookies for Easter. They are made from boxed cake mix and some candies, such as M&Ms. The cake mix was white and the candies were pastel colors. They looked pretty, but I'm wondering about the consistency of them.

I have heard of making cookies from cake mix, and apparently you get a lot of cookies for a little bit of money that way. Has anyone tried doing this? How do the cookies turn out? I imagine they would taste good, but I"m thinking they'd be super soft.

I'd love to hear about your experiences if you have tried cake mix cookies.

Reaction score
Whenever I am doing the groceries when I am already in the baking section of the supermarket I always saw many Cake Mix being sold either for cake bread, cookies, muffin, etc. Sometimes I want to buy and try to experiment if it was good. Like you I am curious about this thing. Thank you for posting this thread and would also love to hear from this forum their experiences using a cake mix for cookies.

Reaction score
I'm thinking that I might just experiment myself. It may not be as popular as it seems if no one here has tried it, so I guess I'll give it a whirl. Just what I need... cookies in the house! But, I do need to test them out before I try making them for Easter or some other special occasion. Maybe I'll send some to work with my husband for the other guys, so they aren't just sitting around here begging to be eaten. lol

Reaction score
Cake mix cookies can be very good. You will probably get a lighter, kind of fluffy texture compared to from scratch cookies. The cake mix tends to make them rise more than regular flour would, but it's not a lot if I remember correctly. You can use pretty much any kind of cake mix you like, not just limited to white or yellow cakes. I would love to use the red velvet box sometime for the color.

Reaction score
Thanks, Dancinglady. I think I'm going to give them a try. Red velvet cake cookies would be so pretty for Valentine's Day or even Christmas cookies too! I just found a pink and yellow velvet cake mix yesterday. One layer is pink and one is yellow. I was just going to use it for a pretty cake, but now that you mentioned colorful cookies, I'm tempted to grab another pack like that or another color (I think they had blue too), and try it for cookies.

Reaction score
I just saw a thing for cake mix cookies for Easter. They are made from boxed cake mix and some candies, such as M&Ms. The cake mix was white and the candies were pastel colors. They looked pretty, but I'm wondering about the consistency of them.

I have heard of making cookies from cake mix, and apparently you get a lot of cookies for a little bit of money that way. Has anyone tried doing this? How do the cookies turn out? I imagine they would taste good, but I"m thinking they'd be super soft.

I'd love to hear about your experiences if you have tried cake mix cookies.

I'm guessing the consistency would be between a bit soft or maybe chewy! Not sure they'd make nice cookies, but I bet they'd look really nice. I really don't like the idea of using boxed cake mix for cookies... I mean, you can also use that kind of candies with a cooki mix of your own...

Reaction score
I have to say I did cookies from a box and they were fine. My best cookies yet as my only from scratch cookie turned out to be a bun or cake. About the box cookies the only problem I had with the Betty Crocker cookie was that it was too sweet. The other vegan cookie by Arrowhead mills was fantastic and in both cases the texture was great: somewhere in the middle of crunchy and chewy.

Reaction score
Hmmm... I just found an old thread that has a recipe for cake mix cookies using Cool Whip. That's different.

I still haven't tried these yet. Homemade cookies just have to be better. I have tried the cookie mixes, Bella. Some of them aren't too bad. My kids like the chocolate chip, and they like to make the pack because they can just dump and go instead of measuring out ingredients.

Ask a Question