Cake Shots

Reaction score
cake-shots1.jpg

This is a cute idea for serving small amounts or tastes of cake. Great for portion control, too. Essentially it's just a mini cupcake sliced into three layers with frosting, but if you want the recipe pictured here check out Sweet Society.

Reaction score
This is one of the most beautiful and creative ways to present a cupcake I've seen in a while :D Love i! I'll make sure to check the web site! I could see myself implementing this wonderful idea one day, maybe save it for a special event or occasion.

Reaction score
It looks really cute but it's not practical. With an actual cupcake, you just take a bite.
With this cupcake shot, it could be a little messy to get the cupcake from the glass into your mouth.
I'd rather just eat the mini cupcake than pry it out of a glass.

Reaction score
This is a really cute and creative way to serve a cupcake, but I'm not sure I could draw the line at just one...:p

Reaction score
Wiltons has jumped on this trendy dessert. Today while I was at the store I saw that they are making little plastic push up containers for these cake shots. They also have a special pan that bakes tiny little cake circles to use in the containers.

Reaction score
I think these are very pretty and unique! It would definitely be an elegant way to present dessert at a dinner party or formal event. It wouldn't be ideal for everyday use, but it definitely would be a unique way to serve dessert at a party.
The ones I've seen in the store with the plastic push-up container would be fun for kids because they are easy to use. Plus, I imagine they aren't super messy.

Reaction score
So do you make the cake in a big pan then cut out circles and fit them into the shot glass? It does look cute but I can see it getting messy to make and difficult to eat. I have also seen the "push pop" thing in stores. Same idea, different presentation. I love cupcakes but I do appreciate the new unique ideas that are coming out to present them.

Reaction score
I think that's pretty cool. I saw something like it before on one of those baking shows but it's was banana pudding, I think. Anyway, it is neat and it looks yummy.

Reaction score
Wiltons has jumped on this trendy dessert. Today while I was at the store I saw that they are making little plastic push up containers for these cake shots. They also have a special pan that bakes tiny little cake circles to use in the containers.

If you don't have little plastic push up containers, how do you get them out?

Reaction score
I'm guessing you eat them with a fork or spoon. :)
I think they look pretty yummy too! But, I do think a cupcake would
be easier to eat. They would be really cute for a bday party, book club, etc.
They look like you spent all day on them! :)

Reaction score
Yes, you have to eat it with a spoon. This type of presentation is usually seen at restaurants with buffets, so it's easier for everyone to have a piece. It's also good for cocktail parties and formal events.

Ask a Question