Cakes VS Pies

Reaction score
I'm a fan of both cakes and pies but I often find myself choosing to bake cakes over pies. I believe there's just so much more possibilities for cakes instead of pies. However, when it comes to desserts, my husband prefers Pies and I prefer Cakes. Which do you prefer?

Reaction score
I like cakes better than pies. I haven't tried making my own pie crust because it looks difficult to roll out a pie crust and not overwork it and make it tough.

Reaction score
I think it just depends on the mood I am in at the time. I do so love fruit pies like cherry and peach. I also love to be creative with cakes and add berries to them as well. I do tend to make far more cakes than I do pies though. Officially I would have to go with cakes.

Reaction score
I love fruit pie, but I think on the whole, I prefer cake. I love the sweet taste and dense texture, and it's so versatile - there are so many different types and flavours you can experiment with. The only advantage pie has is the lovely gooey fruit inside. If I could combine the two, that would be my perfect cake!

Reaction score
I would say that I prefer pies. I'm a huge lover of sweets, but I think I like pies because most cakes overpower me with frosting, and I am definitely not a fan of frosting. I usually end up picking it off of my cake anyways! Pies have thick crusts, so that's what I like about them, there's more balance.

Reaction score
I'm a cake person all the way, given those two options. I like fruit pies, but I just love cakes. I've never understood the phrase "Easy as pie." because, for me, making a pie seems like a lot of work. I don't mind at all, though, putting together the ingredients for a homemade cake. Of course, it has to be the RIGHT cake, LOL. Anything moist and dense works for me. I've never cared for angel food cake, or things like that that are light and fluffy.

Reaction score
I like them both. I can't choose between them because I like a good cake or pie depending on my mood. I like baking cakes when I am at my mom's house but I also like baking pies for the holidays. My favorite is pecan pie. It is easy to make and delicious to boot. I make this every Christmas and they get eaten up within a day.

Reaction score
I'm actually completely intimidated by pies.

Cakes are a cinch, but ironically pies do not look nearly as easy :/

Reaction score
In different seasons I like both cake and pie. Apple pie warm with ice cream is a fall favorite for me. I like cake in the warmer months with a big glass of cold milk. Maybe its my diplomacy but I like baking...and eating both!

Reaction score
I'm actually completely intimidated by pies.

Cakes are a cinch, but ironically pies do not look nearly as easy :/

There are some pies that are easy to make and there are some that take a lot of time to make. I like cakes and pies, but the one pie that is the easiest to make is a pecan pie. That is mainly why I make this every christmas.

Reaction score
There are some pies that are easy to make and there are some that take a lot of time to make. I like cakes and pies, but the one pie that is the easiest to make is a pecan pie. That is mainly why I make this every christmas.

Oh man, I love pecan pie!

I guess I just feel like I can hide a multitude of sins in icing and strategic cutting away of bits in a cake. Whereas a pie usually has to be structurally sound. If the crust is wonky, or the filling too lumpy, or whatever, it shows really obviously :/

Reaction score
I prefer cakes as well (mostly any kind of chocolate cake). I don't mind pies; I've had random cravings for cinnamon apple pies many times. Now that I think about it, no one in my household likes pies as much as I do, they all prefer cakes. Cakes are also a lot easier to make, you just combine all the ingredients into one and pour; with pies you have separate pieces, which you have to assemble and then add your details.

Reaction score
My family likes cakes as well when it comes down to it. Especially during the holidays. I like both, but during the holidays I like to eat a pecan pie or a sweet potato pie. Those are my favorite ones. I also like an apple pie, but I hardly make it though.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of both cakes and pies but I often find myself choosing to bake cakes over pies. I believe there's just so much more possibilities for cakes instead of pies. However, when it comes to desserts, my husband prefers Pies and I prefer Cakes. Which do you prefer?
I like both, but like you bake more cakes.

Reaction score
I see a lot of people prefer cake, but I like both. I do admit that my family makes more cakes than pies during the holidays, but I like the pies the best.

Reaction score
Yeah I think pies are the best although I still like to eat cake. I wish my family would make more pies but they like making cake so I just roll with it.

Reaction score
I love pies, well as long as there's chocolate involved. :) But I don't make pies. I think I made one once. Normally my mom makes the pies for holidays while I make the meal. But once she was out of state visiting my sister so I gave a pumpkin pie a whirl. Let's just say, I will stick to cakes. I love making cakes/cupcakes.

Reaction score
This year we are going to hsve more pies than cake. My sister has decided that it is easier to make pies this holiday season than it is to make cakes. I'm not complaining because I get to eat delicious pies this year.

Ask a Question