Cakes with plums

Reaction score
So I have a lot of home grown plums and would love to use them in a cake somehow but have never baked with them before. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I feel like they would hold up way better in a tart like Becky recommended. The other thing I think they'd be delish in would be a cobbler - stone fruit like peaches work really well (that's my go-to cobbler staple!) and I think plums would be a fun and tasty deviation from my usual!

Reaction score
Well I think that my experience with plums is significant less than that of others, so I am really at a disadvantage here. I am intrigued though, and I know that they are good for you so I would probably stand to incorporate them a little more. Always good to work into a cake too, so thanks for this.

Reaction score
I like the previous suggestions, and agree that they would probably be delicious in a tart or cobbler. I have never really cooked much with plums, since they seem to have a short season here, and I've never grown my own. I love them, but since I don't see them that often, when I do, I usually just pop them in my mouth and enjoy them that way. I think they might also be nice cut up and baked into a bread pudding.

Reaction score
For plums, I guess it would be a good filling for a tart or pie. There are no plums here except in the supermarket sometimes because they are imported and quite expensive so I cannot experiment on it. But I'm thinking of a pie with plums inside that would give a mix of flavor that is sweet and kinda sour. My sister-in-law has a recipe for mango pie which I think can be substituted with ripe plums. It is just a crust that you fill with sliced plums that is mixed with brown sugar and there you go to the oven.

Ask a Question