Cakesicle filling???

Reaction score
Hello, I have two questions. In cakesicles are some types of cakes such as , lets butter cake better to use than say a pound cake, or any cake choice not those two necessarily? Is there a way to use cake kept intact instead of crumbled when making caksicles? I was thinking coating , cake , creamy filling , cake, coating. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Hello, I have two questions. In cakesicles are some types of cakes such as , lets butter cake better to use than say a pound cake, or any cake choice not those two necessarily? Is there a way to use cake kept intact instead of crumbled when making caksicles? I was thinking coating , cake , creamy filling , cake, coating. Is this possible?

I don’t thing it really matter what type of cake you use. You can use a box cake mix if you like to save time. I don’t know if it’s worth all of the time to make a complicated layer cakesicle. These aren’t a high quality product; The ingredients are low quality; they time consuming to begin with, so increasing the labor three-fold and adding more cost to a low value product isn’t a wise investment.

Reaction score
I don’t thing it matter what type of cake you use. You can use a box cake mix if you like to save time. I don’t know if it’s worth all of the time to make a complicated layer cakesicle. These aren’t a high-quality product; The ingredients are low quality; they time consuming, to begin with, so increasing the labor three-fold and adding more cost to a low value product isn’t a wise investment.
Thank you for your response. My main concern isn't really the money I'm putting into it rather than a way to cut the sweetness? I was also curious as to the reason behind crumbling the cake. That's to say if I was to decide to cut the mold shape rather than crumble would this work hypothetically? Would the candy coating seep into the cake or cause it to become mushy? I am making cakesicle for a friend's birthday upon request and simply want the best outcome possible.
Thanks again
Shayne

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. My main concern isn't really the money I'm putting into it rather than a way to cut the sweetness? I was also curious as to the reason behind crumbling the cake. That's to say if I was to decide to cut the mold shape rather than crumble would this work hypothetically? Would the candy coating seep into the cake or cause it to become mushy? I am making cakesicle for a friend's birthday upon request and simply want the best outcome possible.
Thanks again
Shayne

There’s no real way to get around the sweetness since cake has to be crumbled and mixed with icing to mold it. The reason you have to crumble it and mix it with icing is that it is the only way to mold it on a stick. If you bake batter it in the shape of a popsicle, then inserted a stick, it would not mold tightly around stick to hold. The weight of the cake would make the hole too large, and the stick would just fall out.

Adding to the sweetness is the inexpensive candy melts. Unlike real chocolate, candy melts are pure sugar and palm oil. Cakesicles are just cakepops in another shape. They are a very high labor product to produce; not very sanitary in how they are produced; and very poor quality ingredients are used, so they produce a poor quality end product.

Reaction score
Whew! I was afraid it was just me! I did not care for them nor would I pay for one. But I was commissioned to make some and did a trial run. I used good ingredients , no box mix , even fresh strawberries which I turned into a puree reduction for my strawberry cake. Already guessing they weren't gonna be great , hoping quality ingredients would make them better.

Reaction score
Whew! I was afraid it was just me! I did not care for them nor would I pay for one. But I was commissioned to make some and did a trial run. I used good ingredients , no box mix , even fresh strawberries which I turned into a puree reduction for my strawberry cake. Already guessing they weren't gonna be great , hoping quality ingredients would make them better.
lol nope, not just you. when they went jumbo size with the cakesicle we all thought they lost it.

Ask a Question