Callebaut Hazelnut Chocolate

Reaction score
Had anyone tried Callebaut hazelnut chocolate?

I always stop to pursue the chocolate table at Whole Foods this time of year as they increase their offerings for the holidays. Saw this Callebaut hazelnut chocolate. It doesn’t appear to have chunks of hazelnuts in it so I’m assuming it is flavored with hazelnut. I’m thinking it might taste like Nutella. I’m not a fan of Nutella, but my niece eats it on homemade bread just about every morning.

I bought 1/2 pound to make a small batch of chocolate chunk cookies. Thinking with some toffee bits it could make an awesome cookie.

Reaction score
Yum, that sounds delicious! I haven't tried it but from the sounds of it I bet it would work well in cookies, perhaps with chopped toasted hazelnuts too :)

Reaction score
Yum, that sounds delicious! I haven't tried it but from the sounds of it I bet it would work well in cookies, perhaps with chopped toasted hazelnuts too :)

Yes adding hazelnuts would be good. I’ve never understood the Nutella rage. But boy, it’s popular here in the US.

Not that I don’t like hazelnut and chocolate. Back in the days when I ate gluten, you couldn’t leave me in the same room with a box of Ferrero Rochers. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Mmmmmm, chocolate! I do love baking up some chocolate chip cookies using either Callebaut or Guittard... but I have a friend-of-a-friend who took a 2-semester culinary course and swears by cacao-berry chocolate.
As for Nutella, one of these days I'm going to try the imported Italian version. I don't think it's possible for anything from Ferrero Rochers to be bad! Gimme a spoon and I'm good to go!

Reaction score
Mmmmmm, chocolate! I do love baking up some chocolate chip cookies using either Callebaut or Guittard... but I have a friend-of-a-friend who took a 2-semester culinary course and swears by cacao-berry chocolate.
As for Nutella, one of these days I'm going to try the imported Italian version. I don't think it's possible for anything from Ferrero Rochers to be bad! Gimme a spoon and I'm good to go!

Cacao Barry is excellent chocolate. It’s the brand most culinary programs use given its quality and price point.

It was my preferred brand until I relocated back to the Napa Valley. Since it’s marketed to the trade it’s not readily available. Despite this area being an internationally recognized food and wine region, theres no restaurant food supply stores, only equipment stores. The industry is serviced by Sysco and Chef’s Warehouse. You cannot purchase through them without a business account. Purchasing online can be risky given chocolates sensitivity to heat. The few chocolate suppliers in the US won’t ship during the warmer months.

It’s strange that Cacao Barry isn’t readily available here since Callebaut has a warehouse and distribution center in this county. When I lived in Southern California I had no problem purchasing it. Whenever I make trips down to SoCal I buy a ton of it including a 5 kg block of Callebaut 54%. The airline employees never fail to open up my carry on bags to see what the heck I’ve actually packed since it looks suspicious in the X-ray machine. They are always shocked it’s chocolate, nothing else.

Reaction score
Whenever I make trips down to SoCal I buy a ton of it including a 5 kg block of Callebaut 54%. The airline employees never fail to open up my carry on bags to see what the heck I’ve actually packed since it looks suspicious in the X-ray machine. They are always shocked it’s chocolate, nothing else.

Haha, that's hilarious!! :D

Reaction score
I second what Becky said! That must have given the employees something to talk about at dinner with their friends and family--you were packing chocolate!

Oopsie in an earlier post: Cacao Barry!

Reaction score
I second what Becky said! That must have given the employees something to talk about at dinner with their friends and family--you were packing chocolate!

Oopsie in an earlier post: Cacao Barry!

Lol, yeah and everyone wants to be your friend when you’re packing that much chocolate.

Ask a Question