Fun Bite-Size Treats for 4th of July BBQ

Reaction score
I know that American Independence day is still a couple of months out, but I am on the hunt for some fun baked treats that I can bring to the annual bbq, and would like to see if you have any ideas or can help me with research.

The little baked treats have to be bite size so that people can just grab and go. I am looking for something that is fun to look at as well as to eat. Hopefully we can all share some good ideas.

Reaction score
These are very simple looking yet kind of cute.
http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/741563/cake-bites
29398Cngy_cake-bites_900.jpg

Simple and you can set them up like the flag.

These look like fun, but may be bigger than what you'd like. Not exactly cuppie big but not exactly bite-size either.
http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/963400/fourth-of-july-firecracker-cakelette-recipe
fourth-of-july-firecracker-cakelette-recipe.jpg

THESE ARE ADORABLE!!!
http://www.creationsbykara.com/2013/07/4th-of-july-brownie-bites.html/
4th-of-July-Brownie-Bites-009-1-600x744.jpg

LOVE THOSE STARS. But I'd do either a bit more sprinkles or some sort of icing decorarion. Or stars on stars? LOL

Reaction score
What abut layered jello treats:

LayeredJelloTreats.png

Or some chocolate:

july-4-food-2.jpg

Add some fruit:

patrioticberries.jpg

Love these mini cup cakes:

cupcakes_0.jpg

Reaction score
For my baked goods for the 4th, I usually bring cupcakes. This year, I think I will bake loaves of bread. This is chocolate, zucchini, banana, and normal. Too many people drink at these events I go to; not only is bread good and taste wonderful it also helps to soak up their alcohol they like to consume.

https://snapguide.com/guides/bake-chocolate-bread/

I also think on the meat end of the spectrum, I will bring cheddarwursts and some hamburger patties. No BBQ/Fourth is the same without a big hunk of meat grilled to perfection with a cold beverage. Then go light off fireworks and then finish with a bonfire. Already planning it out with the people I normally go with, and the others said they'd take care of the sweets/rich baked goods which is fine by me.

Reaction score
This one FLAG CAKE is not new, but I've always liked these. They look neat, and they are more light and fruity and refreshing than a lot of other types of cake. I saw a really pretty bundt cake with red, white, and blue inside as well as red, white, and blue glazes drizzled on the outside. And, lastly, a cake with a flag inside... very cool. The layers make the stripes, etc. The link is to a video of how to do it.

Reaction score
Those are some very cute ideas and have inspired me. I really like the little cakes and could decorate them nicely. Simple and yet so delicious looking. I would also like to make some little berry tart pies, but I am having a hard time finding recipes.

Reaction score
I came here out of pure curiosity as there is no 4th July for me in this neck of the woods but I like to see the delights. It was not disappointing to come here and see some of these ideas. The ones Trellum posted look like licorice. There are just beautiful all of them.

Reaction score
Even if you do not celebrate the American 4th, you can still take these ideas, make them colored like your home flag, and serve them on days I'm sure you celebrate something there for (or any festival, really) - they're very tasty and universal.

Ask a Question