Can I freeze dough and bake it later?

Reaction score
Whenever I bake bread, I complete the project the same day. I am wondering though if I can freeze leftover dough. This process could be a time saver. I could make a big batch of bread and use the dough more than once.

Reaction score
You can simply refrigerate it covered with aluminum foil if you are planning to use it again within few days, or certainly you can freeze the leftover, but it can also be frozen in aluminum foil well sealed for later use.

Reaction score
Whenever I bake bread, I complete the project the same day. I am wondering though if I can freeze leftover dough. This process could be a time saver. I could make a big batch of bread and use the dough more than once.

Yes, you can certainly freeze leftover dough. Just be sure to give it enough time to thaw properly. Remove it from the freezer and put it in the refrigerator the day before you are going to use it. You may also need to thaw it on the counter for a few hours before you actually start your baking.

Reaction score
Yes, you can freeze extra dough. My grandma does this, when she makes biscuits. I am curious on if you can do it with yeast dough, though?

Ask a Question