Can I make anything out of this?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the form and was hoping someone could help me brainstorm. So I was making an apple crumble pie as a gift for my neighbor. This is a recipe I have made many times before yet I made the careless mistake of adding too much butter for the toping, luckily I realized this and was able to made a new batch.
Now I'm wondering if there's anything I can make with the first failed batch or if I should just throw it out. Right now the mixture includes an 1/2 c brown sugar, flour, and butter.

Thanks in advance!​

Reaction score
First off.......no such thing as too much butter.
LOL
:D

I would say, just adjust the flour and sugar to match the excess butter and you should be able to use it for another crumble or two later on. If you wrap it in plastic wrap and then place in an airtight container and place in the freezer, it should keep for up to 6 months.

You can use it to make anything with the crumble topping.....muffins, coffee cake, tarts,etc....

Reaction score
Have you thought about increasing the other ingredients to match the additional amount of butter that was added? Then save it for later or use a portion now and save half for later.

Ask a Question