Can milk chocolate spread replace Nutella?

Reaction score
I have a recipe for brownies, but this recipe uses Nutella as an ingredient. Am I able to substitute the Nutella with a regular milk chocolate spread? I am mildly allergic to nuts and would not use them. Will it change the texture of the brownies, or will it stay the same? I have a milk chocolate spread, so if it could be replace it’d be very convenient. :)

Reaction score
I have a recipe for brownies, but this recipe uses Nutella as an ingredient. Am I able to substitute the Nutella with a regular milk chocolate spread? I am mildly allergic to nuts and would not use them. Will it change the texture of the brownies, or will it stay the same? I have a milk chocolate spread, so if it could be replace it’d be very convenient. :)

It should be fine. There so many variables that can affect the texture of baked goods. Everything from the brand of flour, brand of butter, to mixing method. But i wouldn’t worry about swapping one chocolate spread for another.

Ask a Question