Looking for Easy Electric Guitar or Dragon Cake Recipe

Reaction score
I am looking for an easy electric guitar or dragon cake recipe:/ that includes: cake, icing and decorating etc. I would like to make it this weekend. :)

Reaction score
Sounds like a brilliant idea! I would have thought your best bet would be to buy a special cake mould online, and cover it with fondant icing because it moulds around shapes quite easily.

There is an interesting video here - the guy made a large cake a cut the guitar shape out of it:

Reaction score
Sweetness, thanks, looks great, exactly what I was looking for. There are some cakes like a dragon cake that can take up to 4 days to make:eek:, but then it is so beautiful I don't think I could eat it, looks to good:). I will give this one a try and see how it comes out.
Although, do you think that I could use regular icing instead of fondant?
I will hopefully make it soon and then will post the final product:D

Reaction score
Sweetness, thanks, looks great, exactly what I was looking for. There are some cakes like a dragon cake that can take up to 4 days to make:eek:, but then it is so beautiful I don't think I could eat it, looks to good:). I will give this one a try and see how it comes out.
Although, do you think that I could use regular icing instead of fondant?
I will hopefully make it soon and then will post the final product:D

You could certainly use regular icing, but it can be difficult to get a good finish. Getting the consistency right can be difficult - just a couple of drops of water can really change how runny it is! Fondant is easy to use if you can get it.

Ask a Question