Decadent Devil's Food Pastry with Cream and Ganache

Reaction score
The pastry I'm trying to think of is a rich devil's food, the size of a stick of butter, there is a mound of creme on top. The pastry is then dunked in a rich ganache. If you know what this is and have a recipe, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ken!

Sounds intriguing, do you have a photo?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Ken!

Sounds intriguing, do you have a photo?
No I don't have a photo that I know of. The daughter reopen the bakery the other day. But I'm being told they're not the same. At least in shape. I haven't had chance to go get one yet. A very fond memory from my childhood.

Reaction score
No I don't have a photo that I know of. The daughter reopen the bakery the other day. But I'm being told they're not the same. At least in shape. I haven't had chance to go get one yet. A very fond memory from my childhood.

Well, if you know where it came from, why not ask them what the name of it is?

Some bakeries do come out with their own concoctions and pastries, so it might be something that they make as a signature piece.

We used to make something similar when I was working in bakeries, but we just called them cake fingers.

Ask a Question