Candy

Reaction score
Does anyone here make their own candy? Do you make rich decadent truffles? How about delicous hard candy. Have you tried you hand at making creamy caramels? Does anyone here know hw to make old school fluffy divinity candy ?

Reaction score
I made divinity candy with a "cheat" recipe that used marshmallow fluff at Christmas. It was easier and tasted just like the real thing. I make fudge with condensed milk, and people tell me that it's the best they've ever had. I also make chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, chocolate-dipped pretzels, chocolate turtles, etc.

Reaction score
I make an oreo truffle, which is essentially ground up oreos with some butter added to the point where it makes an Oreo dough ball; I then dip them in chocolate. I also make repurposed chocolates in which I take about 15 chocolate truffles...the kind that are powdered with unsweetened cocoa butter, melt those down, and then add chopped nuts. The mixture then gets poured into candy forms and now you have repurposed candy. The reason I make these is because we don't really like the truffles we sometimes get as gifts around the holidays and this way I am not throwing them out.

Reaction score
I have made a variety of different types of truffles but have never taken on divinity candy even though I have a recipe for it. You just may have inspired me to try to make some and see how they turn out. Recently I have seen some nice microwave recipe's I have been wanting to try. I do have a candy thermometer but have had several bad results with jam that was overcooked and so hard to clean that it has scarred me off of making candy that is boiled all together.

Reaction score
I make fudge, but it pales in comparison to what my grandmother used to make me.I make chocolate covered pretzels, and occasionally try making a fun truffle. I also make holiday themed chocolate pops around Christmas and Easter. I would like to try to make homemade sea salt caramels.

Reaction score
The name escapes me at the moment, but we used to make an Italian candy that was similar to peanut brittle. The original recipe called for pine nuts, but we experimented with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and other stuff.
Lately we've been experimenting with making our own marshmallows.

Reaction score
These posts have given me some awesome ideas! Thanks everybody! Things like Fudge and Peanut brittle never entered my mind. I was thinking more Jamaican Rhum Cake. I have made a couple crock pot tin cakes as well that turned out pretty good.

Reaction score
This year I think I am going to try a few new candies for Christmas. I have never made peanut brittle before and yet I love it so much.

Reaction score
I've only made easy stuff like peppermint bark. I'm afraid to make divinity because I've heard it's tough and can wear out a mixer.

Reaction score
This year I am going to go all out with the baking. Last year I was kind of lazy. I am going to start early and freeze some of the goodies.

Reaction score
I don't make my own sweets, but I'd really like to make my own chocolate. Someone will be giving a course no how to make all kind of candies and I'd really like to take it, but I first need to get some cash for that. I really think that course is worth it!

Reaction score
I made divinity candy with a "cheat" recipe that used marshmallow fluff at Christmas. It was easier and tasted just like the real thing. I make fudge with condensed milk, and people tell me that it's the best they've ever had. I also make chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, chocolate-dipped pretzels, chocolate turtles, etc.

How do you make the cheater divinity candy? I'd love to know an easier way to make it. The normal way has broken people's stand mixers so I'm afraid to try it.

Ask a Question