Cannoli Cheesecake

Reaction score
Yum! I just heard that cannoli cheesecake is a thing, so I'm going to have to make some of this decadent dessert.

I found a *recipe that sounds pretty good. There is even a *no-bake version, if you prefer it (you can scroll past the video if you just want to take a peek at the recipe).

Have you ever had cannoli cheesecake? Have you ever made one?

What a great dessert to bring to a party or festive occasion. Mmmm.

Reaction score
I've heard of it, but I've never had any. I hear its really good though, especially dusted with cinnamon sugar.

Reaction score
Ha, you must have read my mind because this week I was saying to my husband "man, I am reeeeaaaally craving cannoli!"

The recipe looks and sounds fab - I think it would be a hit if I had a group of people over for dinner! :)

Reaction score
I've never tried any cheesecake, people talk a lot about it and I haven't tried it yet. Seems like I will be trying this real soon, it looks attractive.

Reaction score
You know I would like to think that I am pretty open and cultured when it comes to food, and that I have tried a lot of different things in my day, but I can honestly say I am not sure I have ever had a cannoli. That just surprises me, and I have heard it time in and time out and have seen them before, but never indulged. This one sounds particularly delicious though, so this might have to break me in to the whole scene.

Reaction score
I love cannolis and haven't made them in a long time. One of these days I want to make my own shells, because they can be difficult to get a hold of where I live. Back home, they were in many shops, but down here, it's only recently that I've even seen them on a few menus and in the bakery case at Kroger. I think this sounds and looks delicious, and I might have to try it at some point, but I will probably have to either make the shells myself, or find a place to order them from online.

Reaction score
How great would this be with a fresh cup of good coffee? Yum.

I'm with you, @Diane Lane. I can't think of anyplace around here to get a canolli or shells. I was thinking I'd need to make my own as well. I hadn't even thought of ordering online, duh.

Oh, I just thought of a restaurant that we recently tried that might have some. I might just give it a try myself anyway. I've never made any before, so I might just go for it.

Reaction score
How great would this be with a fresh cup of good coffee? Yum.

I'm with you, @Diane Lane. I can't think of anyplace around here to get a canolli or shells. I was thinking I'd need to make my own as well. I hadn't even thought of ordering online, duh.

Oh, I just thought of a restaurant that we recently tried that might have some. I might just give it a try myself anyway. I've never made any before, so I might just go for it.

I think the recipe called for waffle cone pieces for the topping here, and that would be a nice substitute. I have the metal forms to make the actual cannoli shells, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've looked around, and haven't found an 'easy' recipe for the shells, but this one looks to be a little less involved than some I've seen. I still might just try to buy them online, at least until I can get a better kitchen.

Reaction score
Yeah, I want the real thing (and I'll probably make a few canolli while I'm at it). I don't know if there is a really easy recipe. It looks like a project. I'll probably make it at least once anyway, just for the heck of it. Then, I'll probably find a nice substitute for any future attempts, ha ha.

Reaction score
Yeah, I want the real thing (and I'll probably make a few canolli while I'm at it). I don't know if there is a really easy recipe. It looks like a project. I'll probably make it at least once anyway, just for the heck of it. Then, I'll probably find a nice substitute for any future attempts, ha ha.

Ha, that's how I usually am. I'll make something at least once to try it, even if it's somewhat of an involved process. I don't have the energy or room right now, but I'd love to attempt them at some point in the future. I noticed also that one cannoli recipe I encountered called for mascarpone, which I'd never used. I've always seen/heard/used sweetened ricotta, but it would be nice to try them side by side and see what the difference was.

Reaction score
I've never had a cannoli either, but I would certainly love to try this cannoli cheesecake. It sounds like it's just going to be bursting of flavor. I've only ever had the one kind of cheesecake before from our local restaurant, but I wouldn't put it among my favorites.

Reaction score
On a cooking site I visit, they love mascarpone and use it for a variety of things, including stuffed French toast. Yum. I do like ricotta though. Hmmm.. a quandary.

@Clair02 the desserts in restaurants often look far better than they actually taste. Unless they offer homemade desserts, I usually don't bother. All that is to say, don't judge cheesecake by restaurant fare, ha ha. Some cheesecake is really quite delicious.

Reaction score
Oh I so agree @Zyni about the restaurant desserts. It's very disappointing to see desserts that have been brought in. I much prefer homemade ones made at the restaurant. I miss the variety of desserts/sweets we had back home. There are some good ones down here, but it's hard to find my favorites.

Reaction score
I'm just done typing about a simple cheesecake I would like to attempt at some point. This one here is a new one to me. Never even saw the name before. Of course, I would not want to try this until I have done something even easier.

Reaction score
Well, the one good Italian restaurant we have within a reasonable distance, does not have the cannolli shells. They only serve a dessert that features the cannoli filling, drizzled with chocolate. They don't even want to make it, and that's what they do.. so yeah, it must be a real pain in the rear. Those waffle cones are sounding better, ha ha.

Reaction score
I'm just done typing about a simple cheesecake I would like to attempt at some point. This one here is a new one to me. Never even saw the name before. Of course, I would not want to try this until I have done something even easier.

@Winterybella That's totally understandable, especially since @Zyni posted that a professional restaurant doesn't even seem to want to tackle it.

@Zyni @Winterybella I believe I've posted before on this forum about pizzelle, which is a waffle type of cookie that's made in its own cooker similar to a waffle iron. I recall now that in the recipe book that came with my pizzelle maker, it mentioned using the pizzelle as cannoli shells, so apparently that can be done. I might have to try that at Christmas, since I tend to particularly crave pizzelle at the holidays.

Reaction score
Oh, I never thought of that. Pizzelle could work... hmmm. I don't have the pizzelle make, but I know someone who has one. She doesn't use it very often, but I bet she'd get it out if I asked to come over and make some with her. This might be a better option than the real thing...

If the restaurant can't be bothered, that seems even more intimidating, ha ha.

Reaction score
Oh, I never thought of that. Pizzelle could work... hmmm. I don't have the pizzelle make, but I know someone who has one. She doesn't use it very often, but I bet she'd get it out if I asked to come over and make some with her. This might be a better option than the real thing...

If the restaurant can't be bothered, that seems even more intimidating, ha ha.
Go for it. The restaurant "don't want anything with you" an expression we use meaning they can't mess with you. As usual, I'll be rooting for you. So go call that friend up and don't let the machine get rust.

Reaction score
Ha, no. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'm feeling intimidated now.

Pizzelle sounds like a winner. I just need to find my recipe. I have a really good old school one, but it was handwritten and I seem to have misplaced it. It would probably just be easier to find one online...

Ask a Question