Carmel Spirals

Reaction score
The recipe for caramel is pretty basic, but in the proportions are a bit smaller for spirals.

- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- a cylindrical metal tool (back of a whisk, decorating tool, etc)
- 1 tbsp butter, or oil

Mix the caramel as usual, over a stove. Before you begin to make the spirals, make sure the caramel is not too hot. A good way to test this is to stir it with a metal spoon, fill the spoon with caramel, and hold it above the pot of caramel. If the caramel falls slowly from the spoon, the caramel is ready.

Grease the metal tool, so that the caramel will slide off easily. Start the spiral by winding the strand around the bottom third of the metal tool, moving away from the edge you are holding it on. Working quickly and smoothly continue to wind the sugar strand along the steel.

Reaction score
Ohh those sound yummy and I bet they'd be just gorgeous as well :). I couldn't believe how easy it was to make caramels the first time I tried them, they require a bit of attention sure but they're really quite simple. Thanks for the recipe!

Ask a Question