Carrot, Apple & Cinnamon bread!

Reaction score
This reminds me of the carrot bread that my husband buys in one bakery that is quite far from our place. That carrot cake never fails to elicit praises because aside from being healthy, the taste of the carrot is attractive to children. But I still have to taste that recipe of yours because cinnamon is also a good flavor for bread, my niece's favorite. However, I cannot come to terms with the apple in the combination.

Reaction score
Ah, I thought I spied some craisins in there. I love them, and use them every chance I get. I like that it doesn't use much sugar, and the sugar it does call for is brown. I'm sure the addition of yogurt gives some of the moistness. I wonder if I could substitute white or rye flower for the whole wheat? That's not something I use, and so I don't keep it on hand. I love the idea of combining apples, cinnamon and craisins, and I'm sure the carrots add a nice richness.

Reaction score
This reminds me of the carrot bread that my husband buys in one bakery that is quite far from our place. That carrot cake never fails to elicit praises because aside from being healthy, the taste of the carrot is attractive to children. But I still have to taste that recipe of yours because cinnamon is also a good flavor for bread, my niece's favorite. However, I cannot come to terms with the apple in the combination.

I could honestly barely taste the apple - it tasted more like a carrot cake bread than anything else! :) But it all seemed to work together really well!

Reaction score
Oh, this is cool. I'm always looking for more ways to get my kiddo to eat more fruits and especially veggies. This will work nicely. Thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty sure everyone around here would like this. I'll just call it "spice bread" (like spice cake) and they'll probably have it gone in no time. ;)

Reaction score
The opening post put a smile on my face. I need to take up baby sitting. This bread sounds like it has no choice but to taste very good. Hook me up.

Reaction score
I cannot say that this is really a combination that you see too often, but that really makes me even more curious about it and more wanting to give it a try. I do like carrot bread, and apply and cinnamon together has never steered me wrong, so I am sure it is a good one.

Ask a Question