Carrot Cake Cheesecake

Reaction score
This is a vegetarian recipe. It looks delicious, I might try it at least once in my life. Doesn't seem so difficult to make, what do you think? I love both carrot cake and cheesecakes, so this sounds so perfect. Might try it for my birthday next year :)

c6e402b6729450a2711428529f9a563f.jpg

http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/03/carrot-cake-cheesecake/

Reaction score
Mmm, that looks delectable! There are other recipes on that page that look really good, too. This looks sinful. I wonder if it would be possible to break this down into tasks, so I could rest in between? I have to do that with involved tasks. I'm going to have to examine the recipe and see if I can do that, because I sure would like to taste this, and I doubt anyone's going to make it for me ;).

Reaction score
Love that swirled look to it - for some reason it makes it look all the more yummy! Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, if not the favorite - and cheesecakes are always delicious, so this sounds like the perfect double whammy of my favorite things!

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean! I love seeing that as well, it makes me think I'll get to eat more cheesecake than cake :p Carrot cake is one of my absolute favorites, I made it several times in the past and loved it. Much better if you use homemade icing :) I made mine with cream cheese and it was so delicious! I was never good at decorating it though, this one looks so fancy.

Reaction score
Mmm, that looks delectable! There are other recipes on that page that look really good, too. This looks sinful. I wonder if it would be possible to break this down into tasks, so I could rest in between? I have to do that with involved tasks. I'm going to have to examine the recipe and see if I can do that, because I sure would like to taste this, and I doubt anyone's going to make it for me ;).

Yeah, it sounds kinda tricky, but I think we can pull it off ;) If you decide to give it a try then let me know, I'd love to hear how it goes with you. I just baked brownies last week, so I won't be baking anything else anytime soon, lol.

Reaction score
Seems easy enough to make, but somehow when I make cheesecakes it never turns out the right way. I dunno, it always seems more flat, less fluffy. More 'bricked down' if you will. But I try anyways

Reaction score
Maybe you need to use larger eggs? The kind of cheese you use can also make a difference, I prefer to use cream cheese for certain cheesecakes, but for others I use ricotta cheese :)

Reaction score
It looks delightful, no questions asked but after my foul up with a simple carrot cake, I don't think I will be attempting this anytime soon. Until I get the carrot cake from scratch right, I am steering clear of any carrot related baking. Yet I have to say again, it looks so yummy.

Reaction score
Maybe you need to use larger eggs? The kind of cheese you use can also make a difference, I prefer to use cream cheese for certain cheesecakes, but for others I use ricotta cheese :)

Perhaps this indeed. It calls for small or medium eggs, though I was hesitate to use large grade A's. They much influence it a lot more than I give it credit for. I never heard of using Ricotta Cheeses in them though, only cream cheese. How do Ricotta ones turn out?

Reaction score
Perhaps this indeed. It calls for small or medium eggs, though I was hesitate to use large grade A's. They much influence it a lot more than I give it credit for. I never heard of using Ricotta Cheeses in them though, only cream cheese. How do Ricotta ones turn out?

Well, the flavour is quite different if you compare to cream cheese, and you actually need a lot more sugar to make it taste good enough. The texture is rarely as uniform as it is with the cream cheese ones. I prefer cream cheese, but I have tasted some really rich cheese pies in the past that weren't made with cream cheese... best cheese pie ever!

Reaction score
I'll have to look into some cooler recipes to try out. Been looking for an alternative to cream cheese as someone I know is allergic to it, but still wants to enjoy 'cheescake' (poor people). So, any alternatives to cheese to are decent, as well as just switching the cheeses like you did ( for my personal tastes, anyways) I'll have to try it out!

Reaction score
What about panela cheese? I once tried with panela cheese, because I wanted to make a light version of my cheese pie, and the result wasn't so bad, but you need to add a can of condensed milk for it to taste good, I didn't do that because it was supposed to be a light cake ;) You can use quark as well, like they do in the Netherlands.

Reaction score
What about panela cheese? I once tried with panela cheese, because I wanted to make a light version of my cheese pie, and the result wasn't so bad, but you need to add a can of condensed milk for it to taste good, I didn't do that because it was supposed to be a light cake ;) You can use quark as well, like they do in the Netherlands.

Trellum, I had to Google 'quark" as I had no clue what it was all about. I found out it was a cheese originating out of Europe. You folks send me to the supermarket looking for all sorts of things. I feel sure we don't have it here though. Still, I am happy for the education.

Reaction score
Trellum, I had to Google 'quark" as I had no clue what it was all about. I found out it was a cheese originating out of Europe. You folks send me to the supermarket looking for all sorts of things. I feel sure we don't have it here though. Still, I am happy for the education.

Hehehe, I love quark :) I used to love eating it with tortilla chips. I used to chop some tomato, onion, green chilli and coriander. Added some olive oil and salt. It's delicious :) It's a shame you can't find it there, it makes a great dip prepared the way I just described ;)

Ask a Question