Chai Tea Recipe

Reaction score
This isn't technically baking, so I'm putting it up here in the Baking Banter section. I associate tea with baking, because I drink tea all of the time, and almost always eat and serve my baked goods with tea. Sometimes I like to step up my game and serve chai instead of regular tea. I had a wonderful recipe I used to make, but somehow have lost it. I found this recipe that is probably as close to my original one that I'm going to get, and wanted to share it, in case others enjoy having tea parties and serving their baked goods with tea or chai.

Ingredients 1 tablespoon fennel seed 6 green cardamom pods 12 whole cloves 1 cinnamon stick 1 (1/4-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced 6 black peppercorns 7 cups water 2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea 4 tablespoons brown sugar 1 cup milk

Directions In a medium saucepan, combine fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, peppercorns and water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes. Add the tea, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Strain mixture, discard spices and return the tea to the saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and milk. Serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chai-tea-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Reaction score
Awesome :) I have never drunken chai tea, is it very good? I've heard about several drinks using this kind of tea, even coffee drinks. I've gotten really into tea since last week when I got sick and all I wanted was something warm and nice. I might give this recipe a go! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
I LOOOOVE Black Chai Tea!!!

I've seen bakers and chef's using tea to make foods and pastries, but I've never used it for more than drinking.

STA-08254-4.jpg

Reaction score
I've never made my own chai tea - it's one of my favorites to order at a cafe or coffee shop when I'm out, but it sounds pretty easy to make myself. I just love the spicy taste!

I too associate tea (or coffee) with baking, because those drinks really go hand in hand with yummy baked treats!

Ask a Question