Cheese Scone Query

Reaction score
I love cheese scones but don’t always have time to prepare, bake and eat. Anyone know if I could prepare the mix, store overnight in the fridge, bake in the morning and take to work? Will that work? Any tips? Will it also work for treacle scones? Thanks for any input. Naldo.

Reaction score
I love cheese scones but don’t always have time to prepare, bake and eat. Anyone know if I could prepare the mix, store overnight in the fridge, bake in the morning and take to work? Will that work? Any tips? Will it also work for treacle scones? Thanks for any input. Naldo.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes you can prepare and shape the scones the night before. You can then refrigerate or freeze it if you like, then bake them straight from the freezer. Now that said, I’m not sure whether the cheese will freeze well. But most other additives should be fine freezing

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes you can prepare and shape the scones the night before. You can then refrigerate or freeze it if you like, then bake them straight from the freezer. Now that said, I’m not sure whether the cheese will freeze well. But most other additives should be fine freezing
Excellent news. Thank you.

Reaction score
Freezing them should be fine, hard cheese freezes very well. Cheese scones also freeze well after baking :)

Ask a Question