cheeseburger cupcakes

Reaction score
20140326_173519.jpg
Just wanted to share this great idea I found online and tried for my boyriend's birthday! They turned out really well and they were really easy.
I used vanilla cake for the buns and chocolate cake for the burger patty. Green and red food colored frosting for ketchup and relish (or you could do yellow for mustard) then add yellow and green fruit roll up for lettuce and cheese. Sesame seeds garnish the tops, and you've got yourself some pretty sweet sliders!

Reaction score
Oh wow, these look amazing! Very artistic, thanks a bunch for sharing! I shall also use chocolate cake to make this, but instead of sesame seeds for the garnish, I think I'll use coconut flakes (my boyfriend loves coconut). The ketchup and the lettuce look so real though, I can't stop looking at it! :eek: Oh, I know, I'll use this idea to make a giant burger cake!

Reaction score
I have seen these before and I have been waiting for a party or event to make them . They are just the cutest thing and perfect for a cook out. I would like to see how realistic I can get them . It would be great if people mistook them for real sliders.

Reaction score
Oh wow, although the title didn't sound to pleasing to eat, the body of the post made up for that. This would be a great idea to make for my picky 12 yr old. I think you just have me an idea.

Reaction score
Cool!! I've never seen those before and I think they are really neat. I bet they taste as good as they look. I'm going to have those try those.

Reaction score
Those look so awesome! They are right up my alley, too. If you're interested, I write a blog that's entirely about playing with your food and food art (Quirky Cookery). You should submit a guest post!

Reaction score
I have only seen these with fondant and I absolutely hate fondant. So I will definately try this one myself. And if it is for a birthday party you can use candles instead of toothpicks.

Reaction score
Those look delicious! How did the fruit roll ups go with the rest of the cake? It doesn't seem like it'd be a good match. Was it?

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Surprisingly, the fruit roll up tasted really good with the whole cupcake, mostly because with all the other flavors it just tasted like extra-sweet sugar. If anything, you had to bite a little harder since the fruit roll up is tougher than cake, but I thought the texture added something unique to the cupcake taste overall. I was thinking they'd be a nice addition to a cook out party this summer as well.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Surprisingly, the fruit roll up tasted really good with the whole cupcake, mostly because with all the other flavors it just tasted like extra-sweet sugar. If anything, you had to bite a little harder since the fruit roll up is tougher than cake, but I thought the texture added something unique to the cupcake taste overall. I was thinking they'd be a nice addition to a cook out party this summer as well.
Oh well that sounds better than I expected. I was worried it would clash a bit with the other flavours. Although, now I'm not so sure I really want it to taste of just extra sweet sugar. Hmm...I'll have to make some and see what I think. Thanks for this!

Ask a Question