Cheesecake Anyone!

Reaction score
When was the last time you baked a cheesecake and what is your favorite toppings?

Reaction score
My favorite cheesecake is a blueberry or raspberry topped cake, but sadly, I do not make it homemade. I have never quite mastered the art of cheesecake and so I really don't try anymore.

Reaction score
I like to bake New York cheesecake, and top it with raspberries, or strawberries, or even blueberries. Even all three have been done at one time or another, with a dusting of icing sugar before serving.

The thing with baked cheesecakes is that they can be a bit troublesome; I had quite a few cracked ones some years ago, and went through a phase of making nothing but no-bake cheesecakes. Unfortunately, they are not nearly as tasty as a baked cheesecake, and the texture and sheer indulgence can't match a baked cheesecake either.

So, I think it's worth persevering with the baked ones, and if you do get a crack in it, just cover it up well enough with a good topping. Nobody will notice because they'll be too busy enjoying it!

Reaction score
My ex mother in law used to make a delicious no bake cheesecake that used lemon jello and cream cheese. It was so good, especially in the summer time because it was so light and did not require heating up the kitchen. It had a delicate lemon flavor and was just so good. Of course, nothing can beat a homemade baked cheesecake. I have only made it one time and it was at Thanksgiving as a replacement for pumpkin pie. It had a thin layer of pumpkin on top and was just yummy.

Reaction score
I think i am so fond of cheesecake that it does not really matter much to me if there is a topping but if i should think long and hard on it my favorite topping would have to be blueberry.

Reaction score
The last time I baked a cheesecake was when I was a teenager. The top came out slightly cracked. I don't remember what topping I used. I usually just eat it plain. But strawberry is my favorite topping if I choose to have one.

Reaction score
All of this talk about cheese cake and I am craving one really bad now...looks like I will be going to the store today!! Your cheese cake methods all sound so tasty! The only type of cheese cake I am not fond of is chocolate cheese cake; this is shocking, I know! I love just about anything chocolate, but chocolate cheese cake is one of those rare exceptions.

Reaction score
Too long ago! And I think it turned out to be closer to a pannacotta, which was fine because I liked that as well. I'm fortunate enough to live in the Philippines, home of the best mangoes in the world. If I couldn't have that to top cheesecake with, then I suppose peaches or apricots would do.

All of this talk about cheese cake and I am craving one really bad now...looks like I will be going to the store today!! Your cheese cake methods all sound so tasty! The only type of cheese cake I am not fond of is chocolate cheese cake; this is shocking, I know! I love just about anything chocolate, but chocolate cheese cake is one of those rare exceptions.

That reminds me when I found a recipe for turtle pie that included cream cheese, peanut butter and cocoa powder... I thought it sounded far too strange, but it actually wasn't that bad--especially with the nuts added.

Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough to live in the Philippines, home of the best mangoes in the world. If I couldn't have that to top cheesecake with, then I suppose peaches or apricots would do.
I've never thought about mangoes on cheesecake. Do you just slice it up and put on top? I love mangoes so I will have to try this out!

Reaction score
I am with you on the chocolate cheesecake. There is something about the tangy cheesecake and the chocolate that doesn't sit well with my taste buds. I also dislike chocolate with fruit for the same reason.

I like to make Greek yogurt "cheesecake." It's healthier and, in my opinion, just as tasty.

Reaction score
Too bad, but I'm not really good at baking cheesecakes, so I hardly ever bake them.
I prefer eating my mother's cheesecake or buying it in the nearby confectionary.
I love it with a fresh strawberry topping though!

Reaction score
I've never thought about mangoes on cheesecake. Do you just slice it up and put on top? I love mangoes so I will have to try this out!

It might depend on the type of mango, though, because I've also lived abroad and mangoes everywhere else but the Philippines taste very, very strange to me. The textures tend to be much sturdier, too.

But if you like mangoes, then yes...Just slice it up and put it on top :)

I am with you on the chocolate cheesecake. There is something about the tangy cheesecake and the chocolate that doesn't sit well with my taste buds. I also dislike chocolate with fruit for the same reason.

I like to make Greek yogurt "cheesecake." It's healthier and, in my opinion, just as tasty.

I dislike I guess what you can call medium brown (milk or not very dark) chocolate with fruits except for banana...but, very very dark chocolate with cherry or orange, or white chocolate with most other fruits, I like those. I can even go with chocolate and very sharp cheeses--but with cream cheese? No thank you!

Reaction score
I have never baked a cheesecake but if anybody has any good recipes that are easy for a newbie let me know!

Reaction score
My ex mother in law used to make a delicious no bake cheesecake that used lemon jello and cream cheese. It was so good, especially in the summer time because it was so light and did not require heating up the kitchen. It had a delicate lemon flavor and was just so good. Of course, nothing can beat a homemade baked cheesecake. I have only made it one time and it was at Thanksgiving as a replacement for pumpkin pie. It had a thin layer of pumpkin on top and was just yummy.

Pumpkin pie topping sounds very different, and quite delicious. On the whole I'd say I'm not too fussed about a topping - I enjoy them quite plain more often than not. The fruity toppings are really nice in the summer though, especially if you have a few berries of some sort in your garden.

I thought it was just me, but I don't care for chocolate cheesecake that much either. I'm the same when it comes to chocolate cake. I love chocolate, I love cake and I love cheesecake. Just give me my chocolate on it's own. ;)

Reaction score
My favorite cheesecake is lemon cheesecake. I make it all the time with freshly picked lemons from my tree. The only toppings I will add to this cheesecake is whipped cream sprinkled with lemon zest. Yummy!
clear.png
clear.png

Reaction score
My favorite cheesecake is lemon cheesecake. I make it all the time with freshly picked lemons from my tree. The only toppings I will add to this cheesecake is whipped cream sprinkled with lemon zest. Yummy!
clear.png
clear.png

Girl you do know how to get the party started, lemon cheesecake does taste good; i used to have this all the time but that was before my favorite cousin died he used to be a very great cook.

Reaction score
This is my favorite cheesecake: http://backforsecondsblog.com/2012/10/101/

It has just the right amount of cheesecake flavor paired with the texture of cookies and the crunch of Oreos and chocolate chips. Needless to say, it isn't healthy by any stretch of the imagination. I don't make it very much because of that but maaan when I do, it's like Heaven!

I also like Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake but that's tame compared to the one mentioned above. :)

Reaction score
I have only made one baked cheesecake and it was a number of years ago. I made it at Thanksgiving and it had a thin layer of pumpkin on top of it. It was so good. I am not fond of pumpkin pie and this cheesecake was a good substitute for it. As for toppings, I am particularly fond of strawberry or cherry. I am diabetic and can get sugar free cheesecake at Publix occasionally. And I can get sugar free Smuckers strawberry ice cream topping, although I prefer fresh strawberrys the have sat overnight in Stevia to sweeten them up and create a sauce.

Reaction score
I haven't baked a cheesecake in a very, very long time! I think the last time I baked one was when I was still in middle school. Also, I like having raspberries or strawberries as toppings. I find that they add a delectable, tart flavor.

Ask a Question