Cheesecake crust

Reaction score
When I start my crust for cheesecakes I put all my crumbs in the middle and use a flat bottom glass a push the crumbs out in a circular motion. This technique gives me a perfect outside crust for the edge. The only problem is that some areas will have much more crumbs than others causing a thicker wall and also a higher wall. So what I want to know is are there any techniques or and actual product that will shave down and even out the sides to where the thickness and height of my crust are perfect and even? I most use a 10” and 7” spring pan. Thank you for help in advance!

Reaction score
When I start my crust for cheesecakes I put all my crumbs in the middle and use a flat bottom glass a push the crumbs out in a circular motion. This technique gives me a perfect outside crust for the edge. The only problem is that some areas will have much more crumbs than others causing a thicker wall and also a higher wall. So what I want to know is are there any techniques or and actual product that will shave down and even out the sides to where the thickness and height of my crust are perfect and even? I most use a 10” and 7” spring pan. Thank you for help in advance!

I find it’s best spread the crumbs evenly over the entire area you want covered, then press.

Also when covering a pie plate, after gently pressing, cover with plastic wrap, then place an identical pie inside and press.

Pics show a pie dough crust but it’s the same method with a graham cracker crust.

C937AB7D-81D4-41E4-A5F2-16F0EC5A0364.jpeg

2FA6F148-C981-42FF-85B5-095F0585B1C5.jpeg

Reaction score
I like this idea for when I use the store bought graham cracker pans but I don’t think I can use that method with springform pans.

Reaction score
I like this idea for when I use the store bought graham cracker pans but I don’t think I can use that method with springform pans.

Yes, i know. I said “Also, when covering a pie plate...”meaning in addition to.

Ask a Question