Cheesecake

Reaction score
Anyone out there have any good family cheesecake recipes that they wouldn't mind sharing on here? It could be any flavor, I'm partial towards strawberry cheesecakes though myself. I understand that people generally don't like sharing their personal family recipes, but I been wanting to try something new so I hope for some good responses. Thanks guys!

Reaction score
I don't have a traditional recipe, I find a recipe that closely fits my needs, and I "finagle" it to what I want.

Here is a good, old fashioned, New York Cheesecake recipe. This is a firm cheesecake too.
This type of recipe is very good for alterations. I've added my chocolate to it to make a chocolate cheesecake for someone. I've also put a half can of pumpkin pie mix in one to make a pumpkin cheesecake. SO GOOOOD!!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/original-new-york-cheesecake-51200640

Reaction score
i made one cheese cake years ago and it was uuuh solid is the best way to describe it :)

Reaction score
I believe her's would of been better Chester lol

Well, another "trick"............especially cheesecake.....

You don't want to over mix a cake batter, because you will beat all the air out of it making it tough and "hard".

The opposite is true for cheesecake batter. The more you mix it or whip it, the more air gets pumped into the batter!
Of course, you have to know when to stop, other wise it will start to deflate in on itself, and you don't want that!

Ask a Question