Cherry Cobbler Cake

Reaction score
This is a recipe that I got from my girlfriend's family. They didn't really have a name for it, so I just combined what all is in it into the name I gave it here.

Ingredients
- 2 cans Cherry Pie filling
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix (with appropriate ingredients)
- 1 stick Butter/Margarine

Directions
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- In a casserole dish at least 4 inches high, pour in both cans of Cherry Pie Filling
- In a bowl, mix/blend cake mix
- Pour cake batter over the Cherry Pie Filling
- Slice butter and place over the top of the cake batter
- Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes (may vary depending on oven)

All in all, this is easy to make and is incredibly sweet. I thought it was an interesting idea to make a Cherry Cobbler like this, with a cake as the breading/crust. One piece of this sent me on a sugar high. It tastes wonderful, but is also very filling.

Reaction score
I added cherry pie filling to a chocolate cake mix once, just mixed it in with the batter. I thought that it was good. Hubby did not like it.

Reaction score
Sounds delicious! I was wondering if there was a way to lower the sugar content, because I have a diabetic family member. I looked around the Net and found this recipe from the Splenda site: http://recipes.splenda.com/recipes/1397012-Cheery-Cherry-Pie . I'm thinking that I could make the filling and then use the cake mix. Changing the cake mix from regular to sugar free didn't seem to make much of a difference, judging from the nutrition labels.

Reaction score
It sounds good! Just curious if you've tried it with less butter? Wondering if just a few dabs would still be as good!

I like how super easy it is and you could definitely use different pie fillings if you wanted to for a change in flavors.

Thanks for sharing this!

Reaction score
Wow, this recipe does sound easy. Probably loaded with calories but every once and again having a treat should be ok.

Ask a Question