Cherry Pie

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well It will be maybe a week before I have my new ConvectionWorks Hi-Q(with Rotisserie and many other bells and whistles) all ready to go. I waiting on the oven to be delivered, but I also am waiting for my AV(Audio/Visual) Steel Cart to arrive and it won't arrive till maybe 4 days later. I have never baked any pie let alone a cherry pie and I can use all the help I can get. TYVM. Sayonara.

Reaction score
you mention this equipment in nearly all your posts. my guess it you are really here in an attempt to market this equipment. Americans have full size ovens either built into the wall or full size free standing stovetop ranges with ovens, some with two ovens built into the range. newer homes are usually built with double built in wall ovens. aside from already having an oven or two installed in every American kitchen, this type of oven takes up valuable kitchen space, so its not something most people would buy.

you would be more successful to market in countries where ovens are not commonly used and not standard kitchen equipment.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
you mention this equipment in nearly all your posts. my guess it you are really here in an attempt to market this equipment. Americans have full size ovens either built into the wall or full size free standing stovetop ranges with ovens, some with two ovens built into the range. newer homes are usually built with double built in wall ovens. aside from already having an oven or two installed in every American kitchen, this type of oven takes up valuable kitchen space, so its not something most people would buy.

you would be more successful to market in countries where ovens are not commonly used and not standard kitchen equipment.

Wow, no way that I am here to "Market", but thanks for the compliment, makes me feel "Smarter". I'm 68 retired and my parrot "Rockie"(Avatar) passed over two years ago after being together for 35 years. Rockie was an ace flyer, could talk, make some animal sounds and do sirens, microwaves and back-up alarms. Sorry if you felt that way but I'm just excited about my new oven and cart. I am a USMC Vietnam Veteran(1968) just trying new adventures and lifestyle changes like going from regular coffee to making my own cappuccinos. Sayonara.

PS: Location, location, location. I live in an old apt at the top of a dead-end circle just up in the San Carlos hills. I can see Mt. Diablo from my front door and the San Carlos Airport and the Mt. Ranges behind San Jose. I have lived here for over 20 years and I love it. I have a very old gas stove and over that works fine. I just wanted a nice new hi-tech device especially with a rotisserie. Bone Aptite.

Last edited:
Reaction score
you mention this equipment in nearly all your posts. my guess it you are really here in an attempt to market this equipment.

I have to admit, I thought the same, but I think we were both mistaken. Apologies @cyber ghostx13! We've had people signing up to the forum before who were just here to promote products, and it came across in a similar way.

Have you had a look at cherry pie recipes? If you are completely new to baking then it might be best to start slowly - maybe buy ready made pastry so that you can see what the texture of the dough is like. This could be helpful for in the future when you want to make pastry from scratch - it helps if you know what it should look like. When I'm learning new things I find it really useful to watch videos of other people doing the thing I want to learn, YouTube is a great resource for baking videos.

Reaction score
I have to admit, I thought the same, but I think we were both mistaken. Apologies @cyber ghostx13! We've had people signing up to the forum before who were just here to promote products, and it came across in a similar way.

Have you had a look at cherry pie recipes? If you are completely new to baking then it might be best to start slowly - maybe buy ready made pastry so that you can see what the texture of the dough is like. This could be helpful for in the future when you want to make pastry from scratch - it helps if you know what it should look like. When I'm learning new things I find it really useful to watch videos of other people doing the thing I want to learn, YouTube is a great resource for baking videos.

Well sure glad that we got that mess out of the way. I'm basically a new guy when it comes to baking. The only thing I have made is banana bread using a mix and not from scratch. Still I make it perfectly and always add a little alcohol/Liqueor to the mix(2oz). I always spread margarine on a slice before eating....mmmm. Best Liqueor for this is DRAMBUIE.

Anyway I like your suggestion of ready made crust....suggestions? Also what about filling? If cherries are in season and available should I try them or should I go with some sort of filling for my first time? I'm ok with not being from scratch, it's the taste that matters most. Thanks. Sayonara.

Reaction score
Well given we're approaching cherry season, I think it would be a nice opportunity to make the filling. Cherry pie filling is essentially just cherries, sugar, and cornstarch to thicken. There is a simple recipe here that might be worth a look: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cherry-pie-recipe-1913275

In terms of pastry, I'm in the UK so I'm not sure which brands to recommend I'm afraid. One with butter will be tastier than one made with margarine.

Ask a Question