Chesters home work for me :)

Reaction score
I do have some square glass baking dishes ,I don't have anything that is ceramic ,i haven't been to the good will in a while,it is time to go and see what they have

001.JPG

oh the first recipe was in jest :)

oh and bad news from my doctor,my bad cholesterol is on the high side and I think I'm suppose to be staying away from cheese lol which will be a terrible thing for me,oh and no burgers or hot dogs,how will i ever survive ? :)

Reaction score
I do have some square glass baking dishes ,I don't have anything that is ceramic ,i haven't been to the good will in a while,it is time to go and see what they have

View attachment 699

oh the first recipe was in jest :)

oh and bad news from my doctor,my bad cholesterol is on the high side and I think I'm suppose to be staying away from cheese lol which will be a terrible thing for me,oh and no burgers or hot dogs,how will i ever survive ? :)

Oh NO!!!
NO CHEESE?????

I can live meatless........but CHEESELESS?????
That ain't EVER gonna happen!!!!!
:D;)

Well, I've had to switch to turkey, no more red meat. Which is fine, I love turkey and the older I get the more I don't like meat anyway.

I've had to switch from "yellow" cheeses to white cheeses, per my Dr.'s request. Which again, is fine......I love Swiss cheese!

I stopped drinking animal milk years ago and started drinking Almond Milk, which is yummie. Although I do use powdered milk for cooking purposes, as almond milk does not work the same as dairy milk does. But powdered milk has a lot less fats and stuff in it than regular milk in the carton, so I use powdered milk, and my recipes work out fine.

Although if a recipe calls for cream or whole milk, I will use buttermilk. Tastes better when making stuff with it, and supposedly better for you.

There's lots of ways you can cut down on the fat and cholesterol with substitutions.
You just have to find a substitution you like.:)

I will have to look for a souffle substitute for you then.

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked for some cholesterol free souffle's, but did not find any.

I did find some recipes with "fat free" cheeses and dairy products, but that doesn't help any.

I think the best or closest we can get on this is using egg substitute with cheese substitute. But that just sounds gross, and probably tastes gross also.

I will look at bit more and see if there is something along the lines of a souffle type dish that you can make for yourself and make your Dr. happy.

Reaction score
I've never tried any tofu and I will make a cheese souffle :) I'm sure a little every now and again will be OK

will that glass bake ware work ?

Reaction score
I've never tried any tofu and I will make a cheese souffle :) I'm sure a little every now and again will be OK

will that glass bake ware work ?

Yes, that glass baking dish looks fine.
Hopefully you have a glass window on your oven so you can look at the souffle without opening the door.

You might need to keep an eye on it since its in a different sized dish.

Reaction score
I do have glass on the door of the oven

I assume put something under it just encase it is a run away ? :)

Reaction score
I do have glass on the door of the oven

I assume put something under it just encase it is a run away ? :)

Ok, your oven has a window, thats good, you wont have to take the chance of opening the oven door to check on it and making it fall.

Well, souffle dishes are usually more tubular/tall, rather than square and flat. It might cook faster in a flatter dish...which is why I mentioned you might need to keep an eye on it.

Reaction score
well it isn't much of one,it is hard to look in and see cornbread

I do remember Julia child adding a foil wrap to keep it in the dish ,in her video

Reaction score
More tests for strengthening your baking skills..........

Using what you have and making it work for you!!!!
:D

Reaction score
well I've never had a French Pastry Chefs croissant,but mine made all of Lauras specifications in her video :)

light

other than the burnt bottoms(and yes they tasted great too)

flaky

they were,you could see the layers on the last cut and roll

and a definite yes to being buttery :)

Reaction score
The members of this forums are so generous and had really nice ideas to share to everyone and that is why I am glad to be a part of this community. I am learning something new everyday. And the more I am getting the inspiration in learning how to bake.

Reaction score
oh so your chickening out early then Becky ?

hmmmm I will do the sue flay if you will bake some croissants :) and I'm fairly sure you will get off easier that way

they were easy to make,it was more about temperature control for the butter and rising time for the dough,I should have refrigerated the dough a couple of times on my last roll,other than that it was easy

oh and hopefully your better with a rolling pin than i am :)

Reaction score
hmmm from the ingredient list it seems i will have most of the stuff to make a cheese souffle after a trip to the grocery store

Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, pepper jack, or Gruyère cheese (6 oz.)
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

what would be the best cheese to use ? I've gotten to where I like Monterey cheese pretty good,but sharp cheddar is all ways good,or go with a mix ? oooh some fresh grated Parmesan ?

Reaction score
hmmm from the ingredient list it seems i will have most of the stuff to make a cheese souffle after a trip to the grocery store

Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, pepper jack, or Gruyère cheese (6 oz.)
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

what would be the best cheese to use ? I've gotten to where I like Monterey cheese pretty good,but sharp cheddar is all ways good,or go with a mix ? oooh some fresh grated Parmesan ?

Whatever cheese you use, make sure it a type that melts.
If you get any of that "fake" cheese, that stuff will just not melt.

Monterrey is good, and use a bit of grated Parmesan for extra cheese flavor.

Ask a Question