Children Cake Decoration

Reaction score
I saw this on a blog called NorthShore Days. The blogger made it for a 6 year old girl. You could easily do this look with candies and your niece (or any kid) would like it.

SANY0099.jpg

Reaction score
WOW, that cake looks amazing! Thank you so much for posting this up. I think my niece will love making this.

Reaction score
WOW, that cake looks amazing! Thank you so much for posting this up. I think my niece will love making this.

Great. You said that you wanted something easy that a kid would enjoy. You can't go wrong with candies. I'm not good at making fancy decorations like roses, so candies are my old standby for cake decoration.

Reaction score
The easiest cake decoration for children would probably have to all sorts of chocolate like the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Another are candies. That will make any cake lively and colorful like gummy bears, snakes and all other kinds of candy.

Reaction score
When my children wanted to decorate cakes or cupcakes, we always go to our Bulk Barn in town. They have huge bins of every kind of candy imaginable. The kids each get to pick out a few of the candies they would like to decorate with and then we come home and I let them have at it. There have been some pretty interesting looking cakes and cupcakes in the past, but the kids have had a blast doing it and the kids are always so proud of their creations.

Reaction score
You can find cake stencils in craft and baking stores.
They can be use with powdered sugars, sprinkles or colored frosting.
These stencils are fun to use and inexpensive.

Reaction score
I had a cupcake decorating party for my children and some of their friends one time and I got all kinds of neat things that they could decorate their cupcakes with. Sprinkles, candies, chopped nuts, marshmallows, etc. All of the kids had a blast with the activity.

Reaction score
Over the years i have always stuck to using sprinkles, nuts and color frosting ....however my daughter will be turning 13 years this December so i will need to be a lot more creative.

Ask a Question