Chili Cake Anyone? :)

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

I have this fondness for spicy food especially when the weather is really cold. Spices and chili help me warm up my body whenever I feel cold. We have been experiencing a stormy weather for about a week now here in our area so I thought of looking for a cake recipe with a twist of chili for a change.

I found a recipe which is not too spicy for those who are sensitive to chili. I hope you'll like it. Here's the link to the recipe: :)

http://www.divinechocolate.com/uk/recipes/cakes/chilli-orange-chocolate-cake

Reaction score
I have tasted chili ice cream which is a mixture of hot and cold. I can say that I really didn't like it maybe because of the hot flavor but I kinda liked it because of the cold and sweet ice cream. But with cake, I still have to sample a chili cake. But that one in your link is an orange and chocolate cake so I don't think I could endure the hotness of the chili with the chocolate. But on second thought, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Reaction score
I live here in Korea and as we all know when it comes to spicy foods we had a lot here. In fact everyday we eat spicy foods and almost all the recipes that I had studied had chili pepper flakes. But I had not seen any chili cake that is being sold in a bakeshop or supermarket since I migrated here. You gave me an idea and I will research on this one.

Reaction score
My nose is running already. I wonder if the folks here would like it. They love spicy food but I am not sure how a spicy cake would sit with them. I honestly never thought of a spicy cake until now - very interesting.

Reaction score
@Corzhens I have always wanted to taste chili ice cream too because I have been hearing about it from travel documentaries on TV but until now, I could only wonder in awe because I've never been to Bicol where chili ice cream is a unique treat.

@ReadmeByAmy I love Korean food! :) There have been many Korean restaurants that have been put up here in the Philippines and I'm one of their die hard customers. I love spicy food that's why Korean food also became one of my favorite kinds of food. I think you'll love this chili cake too especially because it's not hard for you to find sources of chili over there. :)

@Winterybella I too never thought that there was such a thing as spicy cake but I was amazed to find a recipe when I tried looking for one. The cake in the link looks pretty delicious though and the author said that the chili-ness of the cake is just enough for those who are not too used to spicy food. :)

Reaction score
What is just enough is my big question. They have been times when I have cooked and thought it was rather spicy and others were not impressed. They said it was nothing. I wonder how a cake would be received. Spicy cake does sound interesting.

Ask a Question