chocolate cake sticking to the baking paper

Reaction score
Someone gave me a chocolate cake mixture. On the packet it said to use baking paper. I did that, but after it was finished baking , the paper would not come off the cake. What could I have done to avoid it sticking so much ?

Reaction score
Someone gave me a chocolate cake mixture. On the packet it said to use baking paper. I did that, but after it was finished baking , the paper would not come off the cake. What could I have done to avoid it sticking so much ?

That’s interesting. Perhaps a light coating of non-stick spray on the parchment paper will keep it from sticking. Did the sides stick to the pan?

It’s normal for the parchment paper to stick to the cake. But it should easily peel off the cake.

I’ve never had the paper stick to the cake to the point it was difficult to remove. But I’ve had
cupcakes stick to plain baking cups (Wilton brand). So now I only purchase grease proof baking cups (Creative Cupcakes brand). I thought all baking paper was grease proof, so easy release. But maybe not.

Reaction score
the sides did not stick to the pan (baking tray) because the paper covered all 4 sides

Reaction score
the sides did not stick to the pan (baking tray) because the paper covered all 4 sides

Oh OK for some reason I just automatically go to the default round cake pan with bottom only lined. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out what would make the cake stick
so much that it would be near impossible to get the perchment paper off it. I just can’t think of what would cause it. But I’m sure if you just hit it with some nonstick spray it should Peel off easily next time.

Dispite the Perchment sticking how was the cake taste wise? You mentioned it was a premade mix, did your friend make the mix?

Reaction score

It contains too much sugar. Grease and flour the paper, it will come off.
In fact you don't need the parchment.

Ask a Question