Chocolate Cake

Reaction score
I finally got the courage to make a chocolate cake here in Mexico, I hadn't done one before because the chocolate here is so much different from the choc at home and I wasn't sure if it would be nice.

It's for a friend's birthday, so I still haven't tasted it yet, but I'm very proud with how nice it looks! :D

Of course I posted it on my new blog, if anyone is interested to see my blog (which was supposed to be sharing my successes but so far has been full of failures!!! lol) it's at this link www.bakingforgranted.com

Attachments

• chocolate cake 2.JPG
    chocolate cake 2.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 460
Reaction score
Daniel the cake is beautiful!

Could you elaborate a little bit more about the differences in Mexican chocolate?

Reaction score
I finally got the courage to make a chocolate cake here in Mexico, I hadn't done one before because the chocolate here is so much different from the choc at home and I wasn't sure if it would be nice.

It's for a friend's birthday, so I still haven't tasted it yet, but I'm very proud with how nice it looks! :D

Of course I posted it on my new blog, if anyone is interested to see my blog (which was supposed to be sharing my successes but so far has been full of failures!!! lol) it's at this link www.bakingforgranted.com
Woah, that looks decadent! Wonderful!

Your blog looks very nice as well!

Reaction score
Daniel the cake is beautiful!

Could you elaborate a little bit more about the differences in Mexican chocolate?
The chocolate here is basically the same as typical american chocolate- more bitter.

But mainly the difference is that at home I can go to a regular supermarket, check the back of chocolate bars and find one with a % of cocoa that fits my recipe. Here the selection is much more limited, and I've never found chocolates with %s even close to what I've needed

Reaction score
The chocolate here is basically the same as typical american chocolate- more bitter.

But mainly the difference is that at home I can go to a regular supermarket, check the back of chocolate bars and find one with a % of cocoa that fits my recipe. Here the selection is much more limited, and I've never found chocolates with %s even close to what I've needed

Oh that’s very interesting… Here in the US chocolate is also clearly marked with that %. And like you when I shop for chocolate I’m looking for specific %.

There’s a company here that specializes in Mexican chocolate. But I’ve never purchased any. Now I’m very curious and I’m going to have to buy some and try it.

Reaction score

Have you thought about ordering online?

Reaction score
Have you thought about ordering online?
I haven't, mainly because I'm unorganised and only buy my ingredients a day or two in advance of when I plan to bake.

My experience with ordering things online here is that the shipping is extremely expensive too, especially for things coming from abroad.

Ask a Question