Chocolate Chewies

Reaction score
  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 3 large egg whites (do not use egg substitutes)
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla

1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
  3. Toast nuts until fragrant and brown. Cool.
  4. Beat egg whites one at at time, then continue beating while adding powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add vanilla; beat 2 minutes on high speed.
  5. Fold in toasted pecans. Drop by heaping tablespoon on baking sheet 2-inches apart.
  6. Bake in the middle of the oven 15-18 minutes or until dry on surface but soft in the center when pressed. DON'T OVERBAKE. Cool. Store in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze up to 1 month.

**Note--
I have made this recipe before and I forgot to use butter/baking spray on my waxed paper/parchment paper, and they stuck like glue to the paper! You aren't supposed to use butter, oil, or spray with these cookies, but they just don't come off the paper for me if I don't. So be careful with that.

cookie+bunch.JPG

Reaction score
Oh my... ,me here trying to lose the weight I gained last year and you here tempting us with a really addictive treat ;) Hehehe, but seriously it looks so good and so easy to make! I will surely save the recipe and try it later.... I absolutely love pecans!!!

Reaction score
They look so good! I made a similar cookie at the weekend, love your idea of adding pecans though!

Ask a Question