Chocolate Chip Cookes Are The Best Ever?

Reaction score
chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

There are many cookies in the world but none can compare to chocolate chip. I consider chocolate chip cookies to be the best cookies ever. They are so simple but yet so delicious. Chocolate chip cookies are best fit for any dinner and if you disagree then I strongly shake my finger at you.

Share your feelings on chocolate chip cookies and how they've changed your life.

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies in my life are mostly associated to the days when I had to work 9-5 and it was really stressful to me get up early in the morning to reach office on time,

I was usually kind of sleeping in front of my typewriting machine, but there was a lady that every morning provided us with a hot cup of dark coffee and a dish with chocolate chip cookies that certainly revived me.

Since then, I keen a cookie chips cookies+morning coffee tradition that I really enjoy :)

Reaction score
I agree with you on some conditions. I actually prefer to use the dark chocolate chips and have some sort of nuts inside. My favorite is walnut, but pecan or others may do. With nut allergies so many have today, I always make a purist batch as well.

As to keeping them soft, I use more brown sugar than most recipes. Yes chocolate chips are the sort of family "sedan" of the cookie world!

Reaction score
Aw, that's a nice story! And a great tradition! Chocolate chip cookies are certainly the flagship of all cookie recipes. They can never die!

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies in my life are mostly associated to the days when I had to work 9-5 and it was really stressful to me get up early in the morning to reach office on time,

I was usually kind of sleeping in front of my typewriting machine, but there was a lady that every morning provided us with a hot cup of dark coffee and a dish with chocolate chip cookies that certainly revived me.

Since then, I keen a cookie chips cookies+morning coffee tradition that I really enjoy :)

Great story MyDigitalpoint!

Chocolate chip cookies are a stable in my life. I remember playing video games and smelling something delicious. Then my mom would call out to me and I would get two big chocolate chip cookies. She still makes then and I still eat them all!

Reaction score
They were probably what I made most with my grandmother. I actually have her old weathered recipe, in her beautiful handwriting, framed on my kitchen wall.

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies are those classic cookies that everyone has had. We usually learned them from our grandma or mother. The chocolate chip cookie has such a rich history that fits with its rich flavor!

Reaction score
I love chocolate chip cookies. Hard ones and chewy ones. Small morsels, large morsels, too. Pie size cookies, miniature size, too.

Cold chocolate chip cookies, warm, too.

I like the ones that aren't chocolate chip, but have the center filled with chocolate. I also like the variety made with Kisses in the center.

I can go on and on about chocolate chip cookies.

Reaction score
Every time I look at this thread I always have to go and make a new batch as soon as I can. I add M&Ms if I can!

Reaction score
Every time I look at this thread I always have to go and make a new batch as soon as I can. I add M&Ms if I can!

That is too funny. Last night, my daughter and I went grocery shopping. We usually bake our cookies, but they had bakery fresh chocolate chip cookies and M&M cookies.

We picked both up. The bakery makes them fresh each day, and they were on sale, on top of it.

Those two are favorites among my family members.

Reaction score
I literally have a "big log" of chocolate chip cookie dough sitting in the fridge. We were going to bake some today but decided to bake a white chocolate cake. It was a first for me baking this kind of cake but it turned out great.

Now, tomorrow even if there is some cake left. I just can't resist baking a few cookies!

Reaction score
I agree with you on some conditions. I actually prefer to use the dark chocolate chips and have some sort of nuts inside. My favorite is walnut, but pecan or others may do. With nut allergies so many have today, I always make a purist batch as well.

As to keeping them soft, I use more brown sugar than most recipes. Yes chocolate chips are the sort of family "sedan" of the cookie world!

I love walnuts in chocolate chip cookies. My parents always put them in them as well (they put walnuts in just about anything they baked). I didn't realize until years later that walnuts actually have a naturally occurring chemical in them similar to MSG that gives them a "meaty" flavor, aka "umami", and makes your flavor receptors more sensitive. Stuff like tomatoes and Parmesan cheese also have this in it as well. That's probably why they make the cookie taste so good overall.

Dark chocolate chips are a must. Regular milk chocolate tastes too bland as part of a cookie. The dark chocolate have much more of that deep chocolate liquor taste to them that is balanced out perfectly with the butter and the sugar in the cookie dough.

There was a test on one of the cooking web sites I frequent, I think it was Serious Eats, that did a pretty thorough comparison of the different types of sugars - white, brown, confectioners, molasses, etc... - on chocolate chip cookies and what each one did to the final results. Kind of interesting, the winner would be more subjective obviously, but a good reference.

Reaction score
I literally have a "big log" of chocolate chip cookie dough sitting in the fridge. We were going to bake some today but decided to bake a white chocolate cake. It was a first for me baking this kind of cake but it turned out great.

Now, tomorrow even if there is some cake left. I just can't resist baking a few cookies!
Ohhhh, I've always wanted to bake a white chocolate cake! I'm glad it turned out great! was it easy to bake?

Ask a Question