Chocolate Chip Cookies - Thin or Thick?

Reaction score
Do you prefer thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies...

US0101H_thin-and-crispy-chocolate-chip-cookies_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

...or thick and soft chocolate chip cookies?
picCDhtvr.jpg

(I prefer the thin and crispy version best.)

Reaction score
I have always used the same recipe for chocolate chip cookies. They are think, soft and full of chocolate chips. I have always preferred think and soft cookies, especially home made. This recipe has always been a family favourite. They are, without any doubt, the best chocolate chip cookie!

Reaction score
I definitely prefer soft, thick, and gooey. Not many people seem to agree with me though because it seems like whenever I eat someone else's cookies, they are hard and crispy. I always end up asking for a glass of milk!

Reaction score
I definitely prefer soft, thick, and gooey. Not many people seem to agree with me though because it seems like whenever I eat someone else's cookies, they are hard and crispy. I always end up asking for a glass of milk!

I'm with you. Cookies are always best when they're freshly baked, soft, gooey, thick & full of chocolate chip cookies *drool*

Reaction score
I like the soft and chewing chocolate cookie, but my favorite are the thin and crispy ones. I am the only one in the house who likes thin and crispy. They just do not know what they are missing!

Reaction score
Thick and chewy.
What is this thin crispy cookie you speak of? I refuse to recognize it.

Reaction score
Thick and chewy for me as well. The only cookie I really like that is thin and crispy is a ginger snap. When I make chocolate chip cookies, they tend to turn out kind of cakey, I have never figured out how to make them look like the picture you have above.

Reaction score
Thick and chewy for me as well. The only cookie I really like that is thin and crispy is a ginger snap. When I make chocolate chip cookies, they tend to turn out kind of cakey, I have never figured out how to make them look like the picture you have above.
Hi Tina,
If you want answers to all of your chocolate chip cookie questions, read these detailed posts:
http://www.handletheheat.com/2013/07/the-ultimate-guide-to-chocolate-chip-cookies.html (this link is to part one..there are 2 more parts!)
Very informative! She is thorough!

Reaction score
I love thick, soft, warm and chewy chocolate cookies. i find that when they are soft and chewy they taste s much better, and I have a lot more fun eating them, than where their hard a crispy. I just don't feel the love that was put into the cookie when their hard and crispy.

Reaction score
I love the thick, soft, and warm cookies. If they are gooey then that's even better. I feel as if there's more cookie to that kind anyways. I could probably eat 3 and be done but the thin ones I'd probably have to eat 6 to feel anywhere near full. Soft cookies are the best cookies are the best in my opinion.

Reaction score
I personally prefer thin cookies. It makes it so that I will probably eat it slower and eat less haha.

Reaction score
I love soft, thick, gooey cookies! I actually like to undercook mine a little so they have the slightest hint of doughy-ness. Thin crunchy cookies just don't cut it for me.

Kas

Reaction score
I like either kind. I prefer the thicker ones, though. I just love the softness of those.

Ask a Question