Chocolate chip cookies with a twist

Reaction score
It sounds interesting but i don't sure this is something i want to try...how about you making a go for it and tell us what it takes like.;)

Reaction score
I would probably try one if they were for sale at a bakery, but I probably would not make them at home. It seems as though an entire batch would be too much for my family.

Reaction score
It sounds interesting but i don't sure this is something i want to try...how about you making a go for it and tell us what it takes like.;)

If I do try it I will let you know and post some pictures, but if they turn out well you have to bake own batch LOL.

Reaction score
I've seen some recipes using bacon and chocolate dotted about on the internet; I'm not sure whether I'd like it or not, but you never know until you try.

I would probably try one if they were for sale at a bakery, but I probably would not make them at home. It seems as though an entire batch would be too much for my family.

I think I feel the same as you about this - I wouldn't want to bake a full batch in case they're not to our taste, but I'd certainly try one if I saw them in a bakery, or in the supermarket.

Reaction score
Reaction score
This candied bacon and chocolate chip recipe seems like a version of a sea salt chocolate chip recipe, but with a salt flavor that is a bit stronger from the bacon. I too have some doubts about the combination of candied bacon and chocolate; I have not seen it too often in many bakeries. However, I HAVE tried a sea salt chocolate chip cookie, and it was AMAZING..... I first tried it from a bakery, and loved it; I tried baking it later in my own kitchen, and it was even better. Slight notes of briny sea salt combine with the sweetness of chocolate in a buttery cookie base to create a gourmet taste that is unforgettable. The wonderful recipe that I used can be found at: http://thymetobake.com/?p=18

Reaction score
I would try it with bacon but I don't know that I'm excited enough about it to make my own, you know? If someone were selling them or a friend needed a taste tester I'd be happy to experiment with them.

I'm on a pumpkin - chocolate kick right now =).

Reaction score
Prettyinpink13- you are one of the only people I have ever heard say that they don't like bacon! Bacon is like the wonderfood of all wonderfoods :). I should probably like bacon a little less because I will probably regret eating it someday. I am not quite ready to add it to my baking though.

Ask a Question