Chocolate Chip Cookies

Reaction score
I was craving chocolate chip cookies the other day and I found this great recipe on Good Food which I thought I'd share with all of you.

From BBC Good Food

recipe-image-legacy-id--1079477_11.jpg

Ingredients
  • 150g salted butter, softened
  • 80g light brown muscovado sugar
  • 80g granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 225g plain flour
  • ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
3. Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
4. Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.

It's a simple but great recipe creating lovely cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle!

What are some of your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipes? I'd love to check them out!

Reaction score
This recipe is very simple and pretty much anyone cane make it. I like to substitute things in and out then I bake. Like instead of the vanilla extract I will put some almond extract. One time I even put lemon extract in a batch of chocolate chip cookies!

You just have to get creative and most of my personal "recipes" are not even measured.

Ask a Question