Chocolate, cranberry & orange sourdough

Reaction score
arising from a play-around with ingredients, this is a tangy, rich bread that is fabulous toasted with salted butter, or made into a very special bread and butter pudding

Recipe at https://bakingfanatic.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/chocolate-cranberry-orange-sourdough/

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
This looks really interesting. I enjoy cranberry orange bread and cakes very much. I love chocolate. I had never considered combining them though... until now. This definitely looks like something that I like. Thanks for sharing this. Yum!

Reaction score
This looks really interesting. I enjoy cranberry orange bread and cakes very much. I love chocolate. I had never considered combining them though... until now. This definitely looks like something that I like. Thanks for sharing this. Yum!
A pleasure. I hope you enjoy it

Reaction score
So, you were just experimenting and came up with this idea? I love doing that. Sometimes, it works out well, other times, not so much. This one looks like a winner though. :)

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I love to experiment, often totally randomly, often following with a mad idea at random times....(frequently just as I am falling asleep at night!). And I love the fun of working on & tweaking the idea to see how it turns out. Actually a lot of my blog recipes arose from odd ideas! :)

Reaction score
Wow, that looks really rustic and delicious. I'm on an orange cranberry kick right now, but have never thought of using chocolate in bread. I'll definitely have to check out the recipe, especially since I have an abundance of dried cranberries on hand right now.

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes it was very tasty. A great way to use up those amazing dried cranberries.

It also made a fabulous chocolate bread and butter pudding (with extra cranberries and orange zest in the egg mixture!).

Reaction score
Well I guess you can experiment with baking and still have a good result. When I first started baking I was so nervous and felt like I had to do everything by the book. Most referred to baking as a science and I found it so intimidating. These days I'll add a twist and sometimes it works well. Bakingfanatic I tip my hat off to you..

Reaction score
Thank you. when the experimenting "works" it is a wonderful feeling. Mind you, the odd disaster along the way.........

Reaction score
This looks amazing!!!!! A real master piece! Just look at that! I love the way you present it, so pretty! I bet it tastes as good as it looks! God, I can see the dark chocolate bits in there... sinful and healthy at the same time.

Reaction score
This looks amazing!!!!! A real master piece! Just look at that! I love the way you present it, so pretty! I bet it tastes as good as it looks! God, I can see the dark chocolate bits in there... sinful and healthy at the same time.
Thank you. Yes very sinful ...but shamelessly so :)

Ask a Question