Chocolate Ganache

Reaction score
Chocolate ganache is one of my favorite toppings when it comes to cakes and other baked goods. For some reason I always thought that it was really hard to make, but it is actually super easy! Try it and see how you like it!

Ingredients for chocolate ganache:
8 oz (1/2 lb or about 1 1/3 cup of ) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream

How to Make Chocolate Ganache:
1. Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top, stirring occasionally. Just as soon as you see a simmer, remove from heat and poor over chocolate chips, swirling the bowl to make sure all chips are covered.

2 .Place lid on chocolate chips to trap the heat and let sit undisturbed (no mixing) for 5 minutes. Remove lid and swirl the chocolate chips with a whisk starting in the center and working outward until smooth.

3. Once it’s velvety, let it sit uncovered at room temperature (70˚F) for about 15 minutes before pouring it over your cake.

Reaction score
I never knew just how easy it is to make ganache until now. I may have to try this when I make up some desserts for the bake sale at work. Thanks for the recipe.

Reaction score
I love making ganache. There are so many thing you can do with it. It is great as a frosting or a filling. Ganache also make a great truffle.

Reaction score
This recipe looks different than the one I use. The one I use also calls for corn syrup to give the ganache a syrupy flow. One less ingredient though makes this one look even easier!

Reaction score
I've never made ganache, I kind of assumed it would be a lot harder, too. But that recipes certainly does look do-able, I'll give it a shot one of these days. Love a good ganache.

Reaction score
I usually make much more than I need and then find an excuse to put it on everything...including just a spoonful into my mouth...ssshhhh! Ganache is so incredibly good!

Ask a Question