Chocolate Orange Cookies

Reaction score
I don't think these have been posted here in the forum before, but I thought I'll share my recipe for some chocolate orange cookies. I've tried to make them last week and they actually turned out okay!

Ingredients:

- 100g bittersweet chocolate
- 125g butter
- 125g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- zest of one organic orange
- 200g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder

How to:

1. grind the chocolate until fine/powdery
2. zest one organic orange. Use organic because it has less pesticides on its skin than ordinary oranges
3. mix the orange zest, sugar and butter together until well combined and smooth
4. mix the flour, baking powder and ground chocolate together
5. add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in ~ 3 steps and mix until well combined
6. wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up
7. sprinkle some flour on your work surface and on the dough as well
8. roll the dough out, about 3-5mm thick
9. cut out the cookies and place them on a baking sheet
10. bake in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius for about 10-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your cookies
11. let them cool - and enjoy! :)

Reaction score
They sound great! Chocolate & orange is one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations :)

good to hear! :):) Maybe you can try to make them someday ;) Mine turned out quite okay to my own surprise! Forgot to make a picture of them though... :(

Ask a Question