Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.

Reaction score
Anyone have any good recipes for that? My mom always makes a traditional pumpkin pie and then when it's warm out of the oven she smooths some semi-sweet chocolate chips on top with a spatula and lets it melt...mmmmm

But lately I've been thinking...what about an actual chocolate pumpkin pie? Would that taste good, or horrible?

Oh my goodness...chocolate pumpkin cheesecake/pie?

Reaction score
I was so excited to see this thread! My great grandma made an amazing chocolate pumpkin pie but she never gave her recipes to anyone....and only "felt it out" with a pinch of this and a dash of that, kind of method. Chocolate and pumpkin are tremendous together. I hope someone responds with a recipe or two, I've yet to try one myself yet!

Reaction score
I personally love any form of chocolate dessert, so I think this combination could work. However, I don't know if it would be entirely necessary. I wouldn't want the chocolate to mask or lessen the flavor of the pumpkin. Just the layer of chocolate chips on the top of the pie sounds sufficient enough for me. I eat chocolate desserts year round, but pumpkin is more seasonal. Therefore, I would still want the pumpkin to be the absolute star of the dish, without too many other overwhelming or competing flavors.

Reaction score
I tend to agree with Monique. I love chocolate and I love pumpkin pie but I'm not sure I would want to mask the flavor of the pumpkin. I like the idea of putting a few chocolate chips on the top of the pie but wouldn't want more than that.

Reaction score
Monique, that's an interesting thought. In the dish I remember they were pretty much equally represented and it was incredible. But I tend to agree with you, if I had to be pick one to be the "star" of the dish it would have to be the pumpkin.

Reaction score
I personally love any form of chocolate dessert, so I think this combination could work. However, I don't know if it would be entirely necessary. I wouldn't want the chocolate to mask or lessen the flavor of the pumpkin. Just the layer of chocolate chips on the top of the pie sounds sufficient enough for me. I eat chocolate desserts year round, but pumpkin is more seasonal. Therefore, I would still want the pumpkin to be the absolute star of the dish, without too many other overwhelming or competing flavors.
Oh, I definitely feel you there. I think maybe it'd still be interesting to try. Not a go-to recipe by any means like putting a few chocolate chips on top, but just a little something different, an experiment :)

Reaction score
Who would have ever thought of chocolate chips on a pumpkin pie ? That just sounds incredibly delicious ! And I always have whipped cream on top, so I am thinking.....YUMMY !
Now, I am not a good pie maker at all. I always buy my pumpkin pies, so they would not be hot enough to melt the chocolate chips, and reheating it would not be a good idea either.
I wonder if I could just take some chocolate syrup like you use on ice cream and drizzle that over the whipped cream on my pumpkin pie ? I guess there is no reason not to at least test the theory out and see. Quick and easy if it works.

Reaction score
Chocolate is delouse and pumpkin is wonderful but I am not sure i would enjoy these two flavors together. They are both very strong and seem like they would compete with one another in the same recipe. Maybe you could try white chocolate, it has a smother texture and a milder flavor that may mingle better with pumpkin.

Reaction score
Who would have ever thought of chocolate chips on a pumpkin pie ? That just sounds incredibly delicious ! And I always have whipped cream on top, so I am thinking.....YUMMY !
Now, I am not a good pie maker at all. I always buy my pumpkin pies, so they would not be hot enough to melt the chocolate chips, and reheating it would not be a good idea either.
I wonder if I could just take some chocolate syrup like you use on ice cream and drizzle that over the whipped cream on my pumpkin pie ? I guess there is no reason not to at least test the theory out and see. Quick and easy if it works.
I imagine you could just melt your own chocolate and spread it on top and it'd be fine. Or...oh my goodness...some form of chocolate whipped cream? :D Have I gone too far? :p haha

Reaction score
Hmmm, I love chocolate and I love pumpkin, but I am very skeptical about the combo. Surely the chocolate overwhelms the pumpkin flavour?

Reaction score
How about a fall pumpkin smoothie ?
Pumpkins, squash, and sweet potatoes are all simply loaded with nourishing vitamins and minerals, and are a great source of vitamin A . Now, in the early fall, is when they are coming into season, and a pumpkin smoothie seems like a great way to get extra nutrition, and enjoy something delicious, all at the same time !
This recipe for pumpkin smoothie can be made with either raw or cooked pumpkin, and with or without the added spinach that turns it into a green smoothie.
Even though the recipe is for pumpkin, you can also easily substitute either squash or sweet potatoes if you don't have pumpkin handy.
http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-green-smoothie-recipe/

Reaction score
How about a fall pumpkin smoothie ?
Pumpkins, squash, and sweet potatoes are all simply loaded with nourishing vitamins and minerals, and are a great source of vitamin A . Now, in the early fall, is when they are coming into season, and a pumpkin smoothie seems like a great way to get extra nutrition, and enjoy something delicious, all at the same time !
This recipe for pumpkin smoothie can be made with either raw or cooked pumpkin, and with or without the added spinach that turns it into a green smoothie.
Even though the recipe is for pumpkin, you can also easily substitute either squash or sweet potatoes if you don't have pumpkin handy.
http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-green-smoothie-recipe/
This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe! :D I'll have to try it sometime soon...

Reaction score
I sometimes put chocolate chips in pumpkin bread and it's amazing! Last year my son made a double layer pumpkin cheesecake - I think he got the recipe on the Kraft website. It was easy and yummy!!

Ask a Question