Christine Tosi’s Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After reading this post by @Norcalbaker59, I had to try making these cornflake and marshmallow cookies. I LOVE cookies (as you may be able to tell by my avatar) and these ones sounded very different to the ones I normally make.

The recipe I followed was posted with permission here:

https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/cornflake-chocolate-chip-marshmallow-cookies

I bought the ingredients in without realising that I needed to make the "cornflake crunch" separately, so it took a little longer than I expected. But it was worth it!

Here's the cornflake crunch once I took it out of the oven:

IMG_20190822_194318_1.jpg

This stuff is super tasty and would make for a great ice cream topping. I'm not sure I'd eat it alone, but it's very more-ish.

After that, I made the cookies as per the recipe above, but instead of chilling the dough balls in the fridge for an hour, I froze them overnight as suggested by the comments. A lot of other people had problems with the cookies spreading when baked, so I took note of this and followed their suggestions.

When they came out of the oven, the cookies didn't look like the most beautiful ones I've made - they really do spread a lot! However, the caramelised edges are super tasty. I made a batch of 18 and half have disappeared amongst friends within hours :D.

Here's what one of the cookies looked like, moments before I devoured it!

IMG_20190823_132604.jpg

Thanks for posting about these cookies @Norcalbaker59, I'm really pleased with how tasty they are - I'll be making these again :).

Reaction score
After reading this post by @Norcalbaker59, I had to try making these cornflake and marshmallow cookies. I LOVE cookies (as you may be able to tell by my avatar) and these ones sounded very different to the ones I normally make.

The recipe I followed was posted with permission here:

https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/cornflake-chocolate-chip-marshmallow-cookies

I bought the ingredients in without realising that I needed to make the "cornflake crunch" separately, so it took a little longer than I expected. But it was worth it!

Here's the cornflake crunch once I took it out of the oven:

View attachment 2613

This stuff is super tasty and would make for a great ice cream topping. I'm not sure I'd eat it alone, but it's very more-ish.

After that, I made the cookies as per the recipe above, but instead of chilling the dough balls in the fridge for an hour, I froze them overnight as suggested by the comments. A lot of other people had problems with the cookies spreading when baked, so I took note of this and followed their suggestions.

When they came out of the oven, the cookies didn't look like the most beautiful ones I've made - they really do spread a lot! However, the caramelised edges are super tasty. I made a batch of 18 and half have disappeared amongst friends within hours :D.

Here's what one of the cookies looked like, moments before I devoured it!

View attachment 2614

Thanks for posting about these cookies @Norcalbaker59, I'm really pleased with how tasty they are - I'll be making these again :).[/QUOTE

Lol. @Ian Christine Tosi has a way of tapping into our inner child. Her baking is always about exploring that happy place in time when we get to take a moment to once again enjoy the milk at bottom of our cereal bowl. :p

Your cookie looks amazing. The bumpy craggy top is what it’s all about:cool: That your friends ate them up is wonderful! That’s what baking is all about, sharing food and memories:D

Cookies are amazing. They’re incredibly versatile. I’m doing some experimenting with savory cookies right now. Mixing herbs and cheeses. I was at the spice shop yesterday and I found some sweet onion sugar. I have some Neal’s Yard Stilton. So I’m going to try to make a shortbread cookie with the Stilton, an herb, not sure what herb yet, Then sprinkle it with that sweet onion sugar. Then I’m gonna have to find some guinea pigs to eat it.

Love the dinnerware—mine is almost identical to it

A542209D-2813-4916-9556-F99C4073E9D2.jpeg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, even the counter top looks identical! :D

I'm fascinated by your savoury cookie idea - please do let us all know how that turns out. I am an onion addict (seriously, they're just so good) and I've not heard of sweet onion sugar before, so I may give them a go too :D.

Reaction score
Haha, even the counter top looks identical! :D

I'm fascinated by your savoury cookie idea - please do let us all know how that turns out. I am an onion addict (seriously, they're just so good) and I've not heard of sweet onion sugar before, so I may give them a go too :D.

The spice shop has a lot of unusual sugars and salts. When I saw that sweet onion sugar I just had to buy some. I’m thinking a savory sandwich cookie. The sugar would be on top to provide a little crunch. A filling with maybe something like a salmon mousse. And then serve the little sandwich cookie as side to a soup course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads