Christmas baking

Reaction score
Christmas is around the corner and l'm thinking about fruit cakes already:) does anyone have any plans to bake away christmas or are you going to let someone else do all the hard work.

Reaction score
I do some baking. I usually participate in a cookie exchange. And my mother has a day where she has all of the grand kids over to make cookies. They love it!!

Reaction score
We bake the traditional fruit cake as well. I personally don't like fruit cakes though, I usually do it because my mom wants it. It's also my father's birthday on Christmas, so we usually make a feast for our family. I plan to bake some cookies and hand them out in little baggies for my friends. :)

Reaction score
We make a ton of Christmas cookies each year! Around this time we start cleaning out the pantry and freezer in preparation. We buy up butter on sale and freeze it, buy fresh spices and ingredients, etc.

Reaction score
I love to bake a variety of cookies at Christmas time. My family gathering is Christmas Eve and my offering is always a large platter of cookies. There are certain types that I make year after year, and each year I try to come up with a couple of new kinds. It's fun!

I also tend to make a coffee cake for breakfast and a special dessert for dinner on Christmas Day, usually a cake.

Reaction score
We bake Christmas cookies each year. It's a great activity to do with the kids. I also bake cakes for gifts. I don't really do fruit cakes. I like desserts that are lighter. I find fruit cakes to be very heavy.

Reaction score
I would bake cookies but my mother-in-law does every year and always gives us a huge plate of yummy cookies! So, I don't bother unless one of my kids requests something that isn't on the platter. There are some she makes that my husband loves and I've never been able to duplicate even with her recipe!

So, as long as she is willing I will let her bake the cookies for me!! Lol :)

Reaction score
Usually we do the cookie exchange, but family got too big, so now we do just our own. I usually bring desserts to XMas Eve for the family, last year I tried the Italian Cookie Cake I found on Pinterest, man that was time consuming but very delish! I also made my first fruitcake and unfortunately, not very good :( I didn't have a good recipe to follow....

This year I am planning on a cookie tray and diff. types of quick breads for friends and neighbors.

Reaction score
When it's Christmas time it's endless baking in my home as there are fruitcakes,cookies, puddings and pies to be baked; i am actually wishing for a time when some other family member would come by and volunteer to do the baking as at time it leaves me totally drain.

Reaction score
I made a batch of sugar cookie cut outs for the kids to decorate over the weekend and this week I am going to make chocolate chip cookie bars. I might even try to do ginger snaps fir the first time.

Reaction score
Sad to say I was not able to bake this holiday season because I was too busy at work and entertaining my guest relatives.I hope I can prepare early this 2015 holidays.

Reaction score
I surprised myself by making a successful Yule Log cake :D (http://myinnergeekblog.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/celebrate-the-small-things-19-december/.) The last time I tried this the rolling process went so wrong and the whole thing fell apart. Inspired I then went on to make a lemon roll cake. I tend to be in more of a baking mood around Christmas, but then people buy in so many treats and things that nobody has any room left to eat what I've made. I don't always have the time to bake as much as I'd like to either because there is so much else going on around Christmas.

Reaction score
I am not sure if this year I will spend the holidays at my mom's home or my own. We don't celebrate Christmas at my parents home, but if I am in my own home I will because of my SO.

So yes, I might be baking a lot or nothing depending on that.

Ask a Question