Christmas Cake / Pudding

Reaction score
Christmas cake as in the traditional fruitcake? It's not something I grew up with. I know some families in the USA make fruitcake for Christmas, but it isn't as ubiquitous as it is in the UK and other parts of the world. The plum pudding is even less common over here. A month or so ago, someone was looking for the recipe for Christmas cake from Stork (the margarine company) and we found some links. This was one which included several recipes for Christmas Baking with Stork: http://bibliocook.com/2013/12/christmas-baking-with-stork-2/
There's a recipe for a steamed or baked Christmas pudding also.

Would love to try these some year.

Reaction score
Thanks guys just cannot find a easy one as new to baking

I'm not sure either of these is all that easy to make as they require a lot of specific ingredients, but the steps look pretty straightforward. At least those ingredients are probably easier to find in the UK than here in Florida, where black currants, stem ginger, glacée cherries are not common in the average supermarket. There are some older posts on this forum for Christmas cake, I don't know if anyone has anything simplified.

Ask a Question