Christmas cake

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wondering if anyone could help please? It’s my first time making a Christmas cake this year. I’ve using Mary Berry recipe and made a mistake by putting the blanched almonds in with the fruit to soak in brandy in the fridge for a couple of days to early. I was just wondering if this would make much of a difference. Looking forward to hearing from you

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wondering if anyone could help please? It’s my first time making a Christmas cake this year. I’ve using Mary Berry recipe and made a mistake by putting the blanched almonds in with the fruit to soak in brandy in the fridge for a couple of days to early. I was just wondering if this would make much of a difference. Looking forward to hearing from you

Nuts will be soggy.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Woo! Not a fan of soggy nuts! Might try and salvage it by trying to take some of the nuts out! good start to making my first Christmas cake

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Woo! Not a fan of soggy nuts! Might try and salvage it by trying to take some of the nuts out! good start to making my first Christmas cake

the purpose of soaking the dried fruit is to rehydrate it. It’s soaked in alcohol or juice for flavor. But it can also be soaked in water.

to avoid mistakes in baking or cooking, always read a recipe through.

then measure out all the ingredients needed and set the ingredients up in the order they will be used. This is called mise en place. It’s standard procedure in commercial kitchens to help ensure an ingredient is not left out or added at the wrong time.

Ask a Question