Best Christmas Cookie Recipe and Display Ideas

Reaction score
We have had a cookie contest in our family for the past 10 years. I never baked anything because I played the I'm a college kid card... Not an excuse anymore with 2 kids and a husband!!

I need THEEEEEEE best Christmas cookie idea EVER!!! Please let me know what your best cookie recipe is and the most creative ways to display them!! Creativity and Taste are two of the biggest wins!! Ok GO!!! :)

Reaction score
Here is one idea, use a simple sugar cookie recipe or any recipe that is a flat cookie. Melt a little chocolate and put into a plastic bag, cut off the end and make reindeer.
b41b43ba8b859b3dcd5bb939990cbe61.jpg

Reaction score
Those are cute!! Thanks!! I need lots of ideas since we have 4 family members we can have 4 entries!! Keep them coming!!

Reaction score
Homemade samoas! I don't have an actual recipe but it's pretty simple. Make shortbread cookies, coat them with caramel, dip them in melted chocolate and then top them with toasted coconut and drizzle again with chocolate!

Reaction score
Oh geeze!! I love samoas!! Do they taste like the actual girl scout cookie?? This could be dangerous for my waistline! lol

Reaction score
I stinkin love all of those!!! How cute!!! The melted snow man cracks me up!! Thank you!!!

Reaction score
good luck with your contest, let us know how it went and what you ended up baking! The anticipation of judging is so fun with family.... the jokes, and laughter usually ensues!

Reaction score
I don't have anything christmassy other than the usual christmas shapes for sugar cookies lol. I turned the cranberry bliss cookies into our christmas cookies because they're red and white lol (and oh so delicious).. not very christmas creative sorry; wish I could help. Lots of luck!

Reaction score
Homemade samoas! I don't have an actual recipe but it's pretty simple. Make shortbread cookies, coat them with caramel, dip them in melted chocolate and then top them with toasted coconut and drizzle again with chocolate!

Totally read that as "samosas" and was very confused for a large part of the thread. This is why I need coffee.

Reaction score
The best cookies that we like as a family is chocolate stuffed cookies. Simple, Use your favorite chocolate chip recipe, instead of spreading the chips, place dough on cookie sheet, then put all the chips in the middle, and top with more though. Once they bite the inside, they will have a mouthful of morsels. You can use, chocolate chips, peanut butter, mint chips, or any other you like. Decorate the top with the chip you used on the inside, so you can tell what is on the inside.
If you heat them up before served, yum yum,, melted inside..

Ask a Question