Chunks or Choc Chips?

Reaction score
Me and my friends were debating this topic recently and now I want to know what you guys think.

The most basic addition for the cookie, chocolate. Do you prefer yours to have chunks or chocolate chips? I definitely feel that I enjoy chunks more, it totally changes the bake for me; from tasty to taste sensation!

Reaction score
This is the difference: chunks means you get more out of the cookie, choc chip means you get little nibbles instead:) l like both but chunks can be too filling.

Reaction score
I guess I have to say chips, since that is what I buy! I like chocolate chunks, but I think considering, as bakeryoo said, the more thorough distribution counts as a plus for me. But really, that it's CHOCOLATE is the most important thing, right? ;)

Reaction score
Definitely chocolate chunks! I am a huge chocolate lover; my family hides the chocolate from me all the time because I can eat it all in minutes. I love the chunks because I get a mouthful of goodness in every bite. Chocolate chips are good too, but the chunks are heavenly. Have you ever tried peanut butter and chocolate chunk cookies? That is something that enjoy very much as well. :)

Reaction score
I think I prefer to eat chunks given the choice, but usually just buy chips for when I make cookies myself. Either way it's chocolate ;)

Reaction score
Never tried chunks, but with nuts (walnuts or pecans) if you say it is decadent with chunks, then I would be thrilled with the result. My most serious experimentation was with peanut butter and carmel chips. Went back to chocolat anyway.

Reaction score
Why not both. Put in the usually amount of chocolate chips. Then after the cookies are on the baking sheet and ready to go in to the oven about five or so chocolate on to the top of the cookies.

Reaction score
I like the idea of using both. I love chocolate so I would definitely use both when I make cookies.:D

Reaction score
While I enjoy chips, chunks totally have it for me! It's the same concept, just much more satisfying and filling....what's not to love about that? ;)

Reaction score
Nothing at all. There's not a thing wrong with liking chunks because you get more chocolate with them than chips, but I still say having both is better.

Reaction score
I've never tried chunks, only made cookies with chocolate chips! Maybe I will try a chunk recipe. I love chocolate, the more the better!

Reaction score
I love chunks! Especially when they're fresh out of the oven and the chunks are gooey in the middle!!! DELICIOUS!
I have a great triple choc chunk recipe that is always a hit!

Reaction score
I love it when cookies come fressh from the oven as well. Cookies with chocolate chunks in the midddle are the best. When it's cold outside and I feel like baking, I always make chocolate chip cookies sometimes with chunks.

Ask a Question