• 2 cups all-purpose flour

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 cup white sugar

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1 egg, beaten

• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions
  1. Sift together the flour, cinnamon and the salt into a large bowl. Cut in the butter with a fork until mixture becomes crumbly. Add sugar and vanilla extract, and mix to a stiff paste. Mix in egg. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll out dough thinly and cut into 24 rounds.
  3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly gold in color. Let cool on wire rack.

Reaction score
These sound so easy and good. Looks like they will be served tomorrow morning with scrambled eggs, bacon and a glass of cold milk. I do not make breakfast often during the week because my grandson gets up so early to get ready for school. And where we live, breakfast is provided to each student every school day. So on the weekends I try to make something special Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Ask a Question