Cinnamon roll crust!!

Reaction score
So, what do you guys think of this? Ever try this? I might give it a try the next time I make a pecan pie. This looks like such a beautiful twist! Perfect for an otherwise boring looking pecan pie, this must be a hit with the kids!

b895e9e70d9db2080a11476efb79b482.jpg

Reaction score
Oh wow - I love this idea! A tastier crust and also a beautiful looking crust too - the swirls just look so elegant if you ask me! I also think it actually looks easier to make than your usual pie crust from scratch!

Reaction score
Yeah!! I was wondering if the texture was the same or at least similar to the crust we usually make for pecan pies? I'm guessing it is. My favorite part has always been the crust :)

Reaction score
Yeah!! I was wondering if the texture was the same or at least similar to the crust we usually make for pecan pies? I'm guessing it is. My favorite part has always been the crust :)

I'm a crust-lover too...my best friend HATES crusts of any pie, cheesecake or whatever...so I always get the benefit of extra whenever we go and get dessert out some place! She literally just scoops out the inner filling of the cheesecake or pie or whatever, and then gives me her extra crust...no complaints from me!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Oh my... that should be considered some sort of culinary crime, lol!!! The crust is basically the second most important part of a pie D: I specially love the pecan pie crust.... is so crumbly!! Taste like butter! It's like a rest from all the sugar from the rest of the pie. But we are all different, I mean, I know people who like to eat the borders of the pizza D: I bet she doesn't do that!

Reaction score
I enjoy both crust and fillings, for pizza, sweet pies, etc. This looks interesting to me. I'm going to have to decide what I can use it for. I think apple pie would be wonderful made in this crust!

Reaction score
Apple and pecan pie would be great with this crust :) Maybe even a pear one? I think it'd go great with a chocolate pie as well, I just love this kind of crusts (the ones you make from scratch and not with ground cookies).

Reaction score
Apple and pecan pie would be great with this crust :) Maybe even a pear one? I think it'd go great with a chocolate pie as well, I just love this kind of crusts (the ones you make from scratch and not with ground cookies).

Mmm, and pumpkin, as well. Hehe, now I'll be thinking about what to put in it all day!

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Oh my Diane! I can't believe I hadn't thought about pumpkin pie. What about using pumpkin spices instead of just cinnamon on the crust when preparing a pumpkin pie? I think that would make a perfect pumpkin pie!

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Oh my Diane! I can't believe I hadn't thought about pumpkin pie. What about using pumpkin spices instead of just cinnamon on the crust when preparing a pumpkin pie? I think that would make a perfect pumpkin pie!

Mmm, that's a great idea! I use pumpkin pie spices in a lot of things, even coffee and tea. I'll be doing a lot more baking once the weather cools off, and I'm craving some big soft ginger cookies to start. Of course, they'll have pumpkin pie spices in them.

Reaction score
I saw Cinamon and came to see what this was about. I am sorry. I think I am going to have to unsubscribe from this forum. I need to protect my health. I can't continue to look at these sugar bowls and not want to try them. Then I have a major problem making anything and then not picking at it and when it has cinnamon it's even more difficult Trellum stop.:)

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Anne, I can' stop now :p I'm on a quest to find the most tasty and delicious desserts ever. I have found a lot new recipes in the last few days, you might want to cover your eyes ;) Because I am going to share several cheesecake recipes (my favorite), some really sinful ones ;)

Reaction score
Mmm, that's a great idea! I use pumpkin pie spices in a lot of things, even coffee and tea. I'll be doing a lot more baking once the weather cools off, and I'm craving some big soft ginger cookies to start. Of course, they'll have pumpkin pie spices in them.

Same here ;) I know I should, but I will bake something nice for Christmas :) never do that, but since I will be celebrating that every year now on, I should start practicing! I love to bake in winter :) I'm so looking forward to it :D What abut you? Everything is so perfect during that season, specially cooking and baking.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Anne, I can' stop now :p I'm on a quest to find the most tasty and delicious desserts ever. I have found a lot new recipes in the last few days, you might want to cover your eyes ;) Because I am going to share several cheesecake recipes (my favorite), some really sinful ones ;)

No, no, no!!!! I love cheesecake and I refuse to go anywhere near it. I have a few customers who bake for a living and the first thing I will ask is if they make cheesecake. Of course, I have never made one. The cream cheese I bought months ago must be surely spoiled by now. Trellum, I have to cover my eyes and peep through my fingers.

Reaction score
No, no, no!!!! I love cheesecake and I refuse to go anywhere near it. I have a few customers who bake for a living and the first thing I will ask is if they make cheesecake. Of course, I have never made one. The cream cheese I bought months ago must be surely spoiled by now. Trellum, I have to cover my eyes and peep through my fingers.

But why? is it because of your diabetes or because you don't really like sugary things that much? I honestly don't like my cheesecake to be too sweet either :) But I understand, I am supposed to stay away from that kind of things, I still need to lose weight D:

Ask a Question