Cinnamon Roll trouble

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd exactly call it a disaster because everyone still seems to like them, but my cinnamon rolls never turn out. Well they're baking my dough rises and comes apart. I can't get them to stay rolled up. I then end up losing half the sugar and cinnamon on the rolls, and it's just kind of strips of sweet bread.
I've asked so many people and even tried taking yeast out in case it was making it rise too much but nothing seems to help.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
I wonder if perhaps brushing some egg whites on the dough or an egg wash, before you add the cinnamon & sugar might help. Are you mixing a lot of butter in with the cinnamon and sugar before adding it to the dough? Maybe too much butter is causing the rolls of dough to separate as well, whereas a wash might help bind it.

This is kind of a long shot, and I'm not sure how well it would work either, but I'm wondering if it might help to put a wooden skewer through each roll to keep it from unwinding while it's cooking. Perhaps that will help allow it to puff up but not unravel on you.

Are they spreading out, or rising up vertically? If they are spreading out too much, I've always been told to not grease the pan when that s happening. There is usually plenty of fats and oils in the baked goods to keep them from sticking already. Too much grease causes them to spread out more easily rather than be held together a bit by the friction of the pan.

Reaction score
Perhaps try packing them into a dish a bit closer together so that there is less room to move?

ABC%20cinnamon%20rolls%20-%20after%20baking.jpg

Reaction score
I'll have to try these next time. Hopefully sometime later this week, I'll try both these tips and see if it helps. Thank you so much. Fingers crossed for yummy cinnamon rolls next time. :)

Reaction score
The more your dough sets out to rise, the easier this recipe is to make and bake. I have found that after rolling out my dough and adding the sugar, etc then rolling my dough back up, let it set out a bit before cutting into. After about 30 or so minutes, cut your circles and place them
Close together in a pan.

Reaction score
I suggest you to read few good recipes online from some expert chefs and see to it what could be the possible mistake.

Reaction score
I would also say pack them together more tightly. I only leave about a half inch in between each roll so that they have enough room to bake and expand, but they stay together when they are done. It is okay if they stick together because you can easilly cut them with a spatula before serving.

Reaction score
Definitely put them a bit closer together. They shouldn't have room to unravel by the time they're done cooking! The final result really should look like the picture above without any space at the end.

Also, make sure you're letting your dough rise enough after you fill it. This will help get the ingredients sticking in the dough before the baking every starts, too.

Reaction score
I have made Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe umpteen times with good success. Gosh they are good! It might just be your recipe? Agree with all advice above as well

Ask a Question