Closeout cake mix!!!

Reaction score
I love a good sale and I'm always looking for closeout/reduced products. While at my local grocery store Saturday, I spotted these closeout Valentines cake mixes and icing. The cake mix was 35¢ and the icing was 37¢, so that's 3 mixes and 3 icings for $2.16!!!!!
IMG_20140304_1157288981006492630.jpg

Reaction score
Great find! Love isn't confined to valentine's day especially if you get 3 cakes with icing for less that the price of one cake mix! They are also shelf stable and will be fine in a year if you want to use them for valentine's day next year.

Do they have St. Patrick's day cakes and frosting? You might find another good buy coming up.

Reaction score
That's a great deal. I got a similar deal after Thanksgiving with pumpkin cake mix and caramel apple cake mix being on sale.
Sometimes ,when you get a deal like this, it's just cheaper to bake from a box. My kid liked the Thanksgiving harvest cupcakes from a box mix just fine.

Reaction score
Great find! Love isn't confined to valentine's day especially if you get 3 cakes with icing for less that the price of one cake mix! They are also shelf stable and will be fine in a year if you want to use them for valentine's day next year.

Do they have St. Patrick's day cakes and frosting? You might find another good buy coming up.
I'm not sure but I will be checking after each holiday from now on. I was surprised to find this at such a low price because my local grocery store seems to think that taking 2¢ off of a price makes it a closeout item!!

Reaction score
My grocery store thinks that jacking up the price by 25 cents then giving a 15 cent discount with the loyalty card is a great sale. I guess most people do not keep track of what things really cost.

I will be checking out my organic food store, after the next holiday, to see if they have a more realistic approach to what a sale it. Thanks so much for this tip! I like saving money as much as I like baking.

Ask a Question