Coco sugar

Reaction score
Well, well, what do I have here? I just spotted this in the Sunday market and thinking it's a novelty so I bought a pack. Quite expensive, costing about double of ordinary brown sugar. But this one is not cane sugar, it is made from coconut. Yeah, a healthy sugar from the coconut as per the blurb. I sampled it with fried sweet potato. Gee, it was surprising because this coco sugar is sweet but not very sweet unlike ordinary sugar. The taste is sort of mystifying, no joke.
IMG_3500 coco sugar.jpg

Reaction score
I've never seen this locally but now you definitely have me curious! I wonder if I can order it online on Amazon or something to give it a try.

I assume based on the picture on the packaging that it can be used as a sugar substitute for baking too. Bummer about it being so expensive, but a lot of these foods marketed as more healthy seem to have a premium price tag!

Reaction score
I have never seen that in my city before, neither in my country, for real. We always use the conventional sugar and also some papelon, but the cocosugar? First time I see that, indeed.

Reaction score
Seems like a good alternative to have on hand. I am not really sure if I can get anything like this at the local market, but there is only one way to find out. I happen to be going there later today, so I just might do a little browsing.

Ask a Question